• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard's jumps?

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering, seeing as how the other characters with wings (Pit and Meta Knight) have 5 jumps, would Charizard also have 5 jumps?

If so, then we're really getting a lot of characters with 5 jumps. Kirby, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Pit, King Dedede and Charizard. :laugh:

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i wondered exactly the same thing. im pretty sure charizard will have 5 jumps

although you say we have 6 characters with 5 jumps, jigglypuff hasnt been comfirmed yet (though im very sure he will return)

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
i think he will too, but this is a big difference from melee, going from 2 characters to 6 (and who knows if there will be more newcomers with 5 jumps...)
but does pit actually have 5 jumps or does he have two jumps and then his up special which lets him fly?
idk, pit just confuses me...
so i'll stick to charizard... lol

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
Dedede has 1 jump on the floor then 4 mid air jumps and then his up b
he is a heavy character. i think all heavy characters that can jump more than once in air can do it 4 times

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
I think Charizard's recovery is pretty much outrageous. Multiple jumps (4,5, whatever) and the up-b...man, if its like fire fox, and can go in an direction, thats pretty much insane. Then just imagine if fly has similar range to fire-fox... wow, thats just insane.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
you mean it has the same range as Fire Fox or that it can be directed anyway you choose?
or both? I hope it's just like fire fox, cuz only going straight up wouldn't be that helpful for recovering (like he needs it, he's got 5 midair jumps lol)
either way, charizard doing a move like that will look freakin' awesome

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
oooooooooo wait something else... i just read (on brawlcentral, idk if it's true) that charizard has 3 jumps... hmmm... idk. that doesnt seem right.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
One main jump, then two more wing propelled jumps, that sounds about right to me. He's got gliding, and he IS technically more of a heavy character, so they probably wouldn't give him TOO much vertical recovery like they did with Dedede.

BTW, i'm really excited to play as Charizard, he is easily one of the coolest additions to the Smash universe.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
that makes sense. plus, i remember in Red Version, i couldn't use HM 02, fly, on charizard...
but then i traded the charizard to my gold version, taught if fly there, and then traded it back and i could use it... weird.

Rabid_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
Yes, I think it is 3 Jumps and Fly. 5 jumps would be just insane. You couldn't kill him short of just smashing him off the sides. So yeah, I think 3 jumps and Fly is just fine.

Also, I am looking forward to playing as Charizard the most of PT's 3 pokes.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Charizard just looks like he has insane lasting power, first of all he's a heavyweight with a great
vertical recovery, and an infinite horizontal recovery with glide. Not to mention a powerful attacks.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, I just wonder though, is 3 jumps 1 jump from the ground, plus 2 mid-air jumps, or 3 mid-air jumps?

Top Bottom