• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard tech chase

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
This works well because charizard has a nice fast long grab. When you grab and opponent you just mash a do grab hit them, then when they break out they have more lag than you and you can quickly dash grab them again and there is not enough time for them to get any attack out unless it is incredably fast, they can however shot doge or roll but all of these things can be predicted and punished with a shot hop rock smash or another grab. Also if they try and jump they will get grabed with a dash grab. Its a nice mindgame and its reallly frustrating. If you find this usefull throw it in the PT guide.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not playing CPU if thats what your asking. I think it has a lot of potential but the timing for regrab if they try to attack or jump can be pretty strict.

peeup

Smash Lord
Well, I tried it a couple times, but when the opponent jumped out of the grab, I couldn't easily regrab him.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah like i said the timing for the grab if they jump is pretty strict, but if you put it in slow-mo you can see its possible. If you predict a jump you can probably just short hop rock smash anyway since it will out last an air dodge, free 40% damage lol.

peeup

Smash Lord
Lol, sounds pretty good. My hands just aren't fast enough to get the grab when their in the air, but a rock smash seems like a better/easier alternative.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
So, not a tech chase then.

good mindgame though, I don't use it much but I've had people pull this on me before. Not charizard exclusive either, although obviously his grab range complements it nicely here.

Only downside of course is that you don't get the actual throw, but that's debatable in terms of how useful it actually is (unless it's dthrow for KO purposes)...

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its not quite a tech chase but it works about the same(minus the teching) so i called it one anyway.

Binx

Smash Master
If you up throw then up B them its an awesome "tech chase", seriously though I'd rather up throw and just try to up smash or predict DI and regrab.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It can be easily countered by doing a jumping break, that is breaking out of the hold by smashing upwards on the Cstick, causing your character to jump out of the grab rather than just breaking.

Top Bottom