• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard ledge cancel?

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
So while I playing against my brother we were both in kill percent and while I was recovering from the ledge and under pressure I used his up b twice in a row without any landing lag and l launched my brother off the screen. At first I thought my game glitched but I did it again. I tried to do it again in training but I couldn't do it. Just thought I would share this in case someone has the time to confirm this or tell me what happened lol.

Davregis

Smash Apprentice
Without any landing lag? As in, Charizard didn't pause after landing while using it?
As it was in the middle of a match, you're sure? Especially if you can't replicate it...

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
Yeah I used up b and I didn't latch onto the ledge like I planned so I landed onto the stage then in a panic I accidentally used it again without any landing lag. It happened two games in a row. I wish I saved the replays because it's sort of hard to explain. When I try to replicate it I either land on the stage with landing lag or I latch onto the edge.

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
I used up b to try and latch onto the ledge like normal to recover from being knocked off the stage but passed it and went on the stage without any landing lag and was able to up b again basically.

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
And I don't remember the stage because we had it on omega random but I do remember that it was a solid stage. Meaning you can't go underneath it.

Real Smooth-Like

Smash Apprentice
First of all, use the edit button instead of double posting please. Second, I was actually able to replicate this once in a match as well awhile ago except I landed on the stage with no lag and used f smash. This seems kinda like a big deal, especially since Charizard's up b has armor on it so I'll be testing this out more.

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
and also
First of all, use the edit button instead of double posting please. Second, I was actually able to replicate this once in a match as well awhile ago except I landed on the stage with no lag and used f smash. This seems kinda like a big deal, especially since Charizard's up b has armor on it so I'll be testing this out more.
Sorry about that I was actually driving at the same time when I posted those haha. I had somewhere to go, but I really felt like sharing this. Anyways I feel like this is a really big deal as well if it can be done intentionally. I'll be trying to figure out how I did this too so if I ever get it I'll be sure to share it with everyone here.

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing a video of Bowser cancelling the end lag of his UP B as well a while back when only the 3DS version was out. Not sure if it got patched out but maybe Charizard's requires the same button input?

MarvinxO

Smash Rookie
Do you know if you got hit at the same time? I have had some instances where I was playing pikachu and was able have 2 Down B's occurring after being hit.

Real Smooth-Like

Smash Apprentice
Do you know if you got hit at the same time? I have had some instances where I was playing pikachu and was able have 2 Down B's occurring after being hit.
Good point, if you get hit by an attack with low hitstun it could seem like land with no lag

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
Yeah that could be it then. I don't remember what he tried to attack me with, but he attempted to keep me from coming back onto the stage. I would've saved the replays but I didn't think about what I did until after I left the house that day.

Top Bottom