• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chariffic Things

Lightening

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I have been playing a lot of Charizard lately so i thought i would share some interesting things i've found out.

Zard is the master of not giving any ****s about being knocked down. Want suprise the **** out of your oppenent? While they are dashing to you while your about to hit the ground, psyche them out with a well timed flare blitz to the face. Zard don't care. Zard goes in.

Neutral hop nair is amazing. Combo into swipes or grab. Nair isn't always that great though. He does get stuffed a good amount if you time it poorly.

Rock Smash everyone until they are scared ****less of it. Then once they learn that Zard has his own counter, start grabbing them. Conditioning is fun. (Don't really spam rock smash, just no you can counter almost anything with it. Super armor lawls, i especially like doing it to people that try to go into the air with me...nice giant FU to the face.)

FS has very slight armor. idk.

Coming back to FB, Zard don't care. FB through almost everything. Because reasons. (still testing what you can and can not go through. So far it seems like anythign that is energy based is fair game for you to destroy it utterly.)

Fly. Fly alot. It kills very well.

Grab. Breath fire on there face. Because everyone deserves the warm embrace of zard. (KO Move)

Whens in doubt with Zard, do nothing. Just chill and be a fn boss. Use that fire breath when they decide to come at you. Be like nah man fire, then flareblitz them. Because screw them. If they are good about stopping the flare blitz do more nothing. Stand there and be very imposing, then break there neck with a nair when they come near you.

Hate roll spammers? Flare Blitz them on the back roll. You will chase them and smash them if you time it right. Alternatively, stand there and do nothing except for Fire breath. It will hit. works 50% of the time everytime.

Dair is not your friend. As far as i know you never want to be above your opponent. Avoid that. nair them if you want, but some specials will break you.

When there is a Bowser facing you, breath fire at him to show your dominance as they fire breathing king. Add insult to injury by grabbing him forcing him onto the ground and breathing fire into his ace. HIS FIRE HAS NOTHING ON ZARDS. also...breathe fire at bowser alot..i'm not kidding it shuts him down pretty well. Makes him go to the air...Zard likes things to be in the air.

These are just some things that i've noticed. Some of them are jokes, but they all are actually useful in certain situtaions. Feel free to add anything to this. Match ups are a big thing, i talk about that more later after i discover a bit more.

PS: Zard can stop almost everything kid bowser throws at him with fire breath except for a fully charged cannon.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Guess ill add my own Chariffic things...

One thing i notice is that charizard is very good at abusing the new ledge mechanics. You basically just steal the ledge from your opponent then jump and hover above the ledge (with your multiple jumps) and then dair them when they grab the ledge again. Ive done this so many times, its such an awesome way to land a kill with charizard.

Flamethrower destroys all of little macs recovery options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom