• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charictor costums changeing their movesets

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Hi, Im not sure if this was mentioned before but What if each charictor had
different costumes that either changed there move sets or their stats.
They would be completely different charictors with there own strategys.

Mario
-Super Mario
-Doc Mario
-Fluid Mario
-Paper Mario

Luigi
-Regular Luigi
-Super Mario Bros 2 Luigi
-Luigis Mantion Luigi

Samus
-Regular Samus
-Zero suit Samus
-Fusion Suit Samus
-Dark Samus

Link
-Regular Link
-Young Link
-WW Link

Pikachu
-Regular Pikachu
-Surfing Pikachu
-Pichu

Sonic
-Blue Sonic
-Gold Sonic

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I was thinking of it earlier.

It would be a good way to get people to stop complaining about "clones", as they wouldn't be taking up a character spot.

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet
It is a good idea but I don't think that it would work out to well, but maybe you could change what the character looks like entirely and not just the color.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I like the idea, again, as Andrew14j stated because it would stop people's clone complaints, allow for more characters to be included and allow people to mix and match matches just by changing costumes.

But this topic will get closed most likely. Oh well.

I got my two cents in.

kaid

Smash Master
...exceept they are still separate characters, for the purposes of game developement... and at that point, there's no reason NOT to give them their own character portrait on the select screen.

then there's the "what if 4 people want to play Fluud Mario?" issue....

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I'd play him if nothing else for the WTF factor involved. I mean, can you imagine getting owned by a guy with a souped up super soaker? (Horay! Alleteration!)

EDIT: Oh, about the seperate character thing, most people throw massive hissy fits if a clone is reintroduced, as long as it's not Zamus, then everyone seems to be fine. (pfft.)

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Hi, Im not sure if this was mentioned before but What if each charictor had
different costumes that either changed there move sets or their stats.
They would be completely different charictors with there own strategys.

Mario
-Super Mario
-Doc Mario
-Fluid Mario
-Paper Mario

Luigi
-Regular Luigi
-Super Mario Bros 2 Luigi
-Luigis Mantion Luigi

Samus
-Regular Samus
-Zero suit Samus
-Fusion Suit Samus
-Dark Samus

Link
-Regular Link
-Young Link
-WW Link

Pikachu
-Regular Pikachu
-Surfing Pikachu
-Pichu

Sonic
-Blue Sonic
-Gold Sonic
Also for Luigi i would say the costume that he wears in Super paper mario (Wii) The one when he is turned evil, Paper or non paper!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...exceept they are still separate characters, for the purposes of game developement... and at that point, there's no reason NOT to give them their own character portrait on the select screen.

Perhaps they could make the suits more like a character... Like you could have four of each suit (when you chose a suit you could change the colors, like you could in the past SSB games.)

If that makes any sense.

So basically, take Mario for example.

You have basic Mario, if you want to play as him he'll have his usual four recolors.
Then you have Paper Mario, if you want to play as him, he'll have four recolors as well.
..and so on.

I think that Paper Mario should be a seperate character, though personally. If he's in the game he'd have a way different moveset from normal Mario.

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Perhaps they could make the suits more like a character... Like you could have four of each suit (when you chose a suit you could change the colors, like you could in the past SSB games.)

If that makes any sense.

So basically, take Mario for example.

You have basic Mario, if you want to play as him he'll have his usual four recolors.
Then you have Paper Mario, if you want to play as him, he'll have four recolors as well.
..and so on.

I think that Paper Mario should be a seperate character, though personally. If he's in the game he'd have a way different moveset from normal Mario.
That is a good idea.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Yay, not closed yet. I agree with the whole 4 costumes with 4 colors each type of deal. I mean, the costumes themselves wouldn't take THAT long and the recolors would take even less time. I mean, all they'd really need to do is just design the different movelists, and that could be worked on by a seperate team all by themselves. I say it could work. (at least for the causal gamer. I'm waiting for the first tourney to enter this thread and call us all n00bs and how much this is a crappy idea, ect, ect, ad naseum.)

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Only problem with this idea is the overall space that the game can hold i mean it costs a lot of money, we arint just talking about different costumes and different movelist's! They will have to have the end of game beaten *like if u beat classic mode* with u in the costume multiply all of the characters like 4 times and thats gonna take up soooo much space! This is a Very good idea but it would take alot of money to accomplish!

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Only problem with this idea is the overall space that the game can hold i mean it costs a lot of money, we arint just talking about different costumes and different movelist's! They will have to have the end of game beaten *like if u beat classic mode* with u in the costume multiply all of the characters like 4 times and thats gonna take up soooo much space! This is a Very good idea but it would take alot of money to accomplish!
I just figured one character per shot. You wouldn't have to beat each character's different costume, just one costume to unlock each trophy. Essentially they'd be a clone, so they'd get the trophy/unlockable, ect. It wouldn't be that bad.

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
I just figured one character per shot. You wouldn't have to beat each character's different costume, just one costume to unlock each trophy. Essentially they'd be a clone, so they'd get the trophy/unlockable, ect. It wouldn't be that bad.
Oh of course not, This idea sounds awsome! If it was one costume per then that would be fine! But 4 each and different movelists along with every cutscene with u in the costume in it would be alot to ask for!

Shuma

Smash Hero
"-Dark Samus"

What the ****k.

D. Samus is NOTHING like samus, why would he(yes HE) be an alternate costume for samus?

Shuma

Smash Hero
*sigh*

Dark Samus looks like Samus and has a Super Missile like attack, only that.

He's diferent in everything else.

While racoon Mario IS mario, and Goron Link IS link.

Dark Samus is not samus.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Dark Samus is close enough in both look and flavor to basically be a clone of Samus, living suit of armor or not.

But we're getting of topic. Let's stop now. I don't want this thread closed because I believe this is a good idea.

Maybe the move sets wouldn't be drastically different, maybe just certain things a different, like one's faster, one's stronger, one's movelist does slightly different effects, ect ad nasuem.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
It's a really really cool idea, but a lot of characters don't have alternate outfits. Like Donkey Kong, also it'd be way to hard for the makers to add so many movesets and stats, but **** would I love it.

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Dark Samus is close enough in both look and flavor to basically be a clone of Samus, living suit of armor or not.

But we're getting of topic. Let's stop now. I don't want this thread closed because I believe this is a good idea.

Maybe the move sets wouldn't be drastically different, maybe just certain things a different, like one's faster, one's stronger, one's movelist does slightly different effects, ect ad nasuem.
Both of u have a point.. Dark samus is much like samus guy or not the move set change would make it work... But the final smash would get rid of the armor, do we know what dark samus looks like without armor? Also it would be adding another character if it did so!

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's not an armor that's his body, the only thing under that thing are bones and a skull with no mouth and 3 eyes.

If Dark Samus appears in brawl it whont be as an alternate cotume.

Dead Wire

Smash Cadet
I live in a place called socorro which in spanish
I agree with Shuma until you played the game its kind of obvious that Dark Samus is a guy. Ok I've never played it but I watched my bother play and it would not be a good idea for him to be in his skelliton form as an alternate costume because thats his weakend half past dead form hes almost dead there. Oh yeah and he would kind of be like Luigi and Mario they look the same but they have completeley differant moves and if youve battled or atleast watched someone battle Dark Samus they do not have the same moves.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
And Donkey Kong's other costumes could be Diddy Kong and what other monkeys/apes you want to include from DK's world. Move sets would change accordingly.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This is a terrible idea, and it's been discussed about 90,000 times. There's no way it'll ever happen.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

This post should've killed this idea.

Especially that last line.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I can see the Doc mario fan does want seprate costumes, lol.
Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont.

This community is great, the gamereplays.org community sucks.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This is by far the most ******** suggestion, diferent stats by costumes? people will just use the most broken one, and will complain when another person is using it, or why cant they use it for themselves...

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
'parently people don't like to read the previous posts. Lesse here...

"What if four people want to play as Fludd Mario?"

This was already discussed. Each different costume would have four different recolors. Problem solved there.

"People will just use the most broken one and will complain when another person is using it....."

No one said there's going to be a broken one. I don't know if you are still scarred by Shiek or not, but my feeling on the matter is that one wouldn't be better than the other, just different ways of playing with different movesets. Might as well complain that people only play the cheapest characters normally (wait...they already do...NM.)

Top Bottom