• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charged Shot while holding Metal Blade?

x412

Smash Rookie
NNID
IntegX
3DS FC
4871-5219-1569
So I'm currently learning DITCIT and Forward Glide Toss right now. In the mix of doing this I somehow shot a charged shot while still holding the blade. Did I just discover something or is this a known thing already? The best I can find is that it used to be possible to shoot lemons while holding metal blade but it was patched out.

Megamang

Smash Lord
You cant start a pellet salvo while holding it, at least not the way you used to be able to.

x412

Smash Rookie
NNID
IntegX
3DS FC
4871-5219-1569
I'm not really sure considering it happened so fast. I was just doing the motion of the DITCIT stuff and wound up doing a charging fsmash somehow.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Was it in the middle of a run then? Since you were going to boost blade I imagine you started a run and were going to do the motion. Forward smash would happen if you didn't have metal blade in your hand. You would throw it if it was.

x412

Smash Rookie
NNID
IntegX
3DS FC
4871-5219-1569
I want to say yes. I'll do some extended testing on this since it seemed to garner interest and capture it since I have a stream setup. Like I said, I was practicing DITCIT (still cant do it) and Forward Glide Toss (got it sometimes). For extra details, this is what I'm using:

GC Controller w/ GC Adapter
Latest update of Smash 4
Training Mode on Battlefield
All controls at default except the following: tap jump off, all rumble off, A+B smash ON [edit: i think i changed c-stick to attack at this point so i can use tilts on c-stick but not sure if i touched it while attempting to DITCIT]

All I remember is that the end result was me clearly holding metal blade and charging an fsmash and thinking "wtf?"

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
It used to be possible to do that, but they patched it out. Interesting to hear that they possibly didn't.

What button combination were you using to practice the DITCIT?

Last edited:

Curisu

Smash Cadet
I want to say yes. I'll do some extended testing on this since it seemed to garner interest and capture it since I have a stream setup. Like I said, I was practicing DITCIT (still cant do it) and Forward Glide Toss (got it sometimes). For extra details, this is what I'm using:

GC Controller w/ GC Adapter
Latest update of Smash 4
Training Mode on Battlefield
All controls at default except the following: tap jump off, all rumble off, A+B smash ON [edit: i think i changed c-stick to attack at this point so i can use tilts on c-stick but not sure if i touched it while attempting to DITCIT]

All I remember is that the end result was me clearly holding metal blade and charging an fsmash and thinking "wtf?"
Good luck. It would be very interesting if this was a thing.

It used to be possible to do that, but they patched it out. Interesting to hear that they possibly didn't.

What button combination were you using to practice the DITCIT?
He was using A+B.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
So this is weird, does this mean we have another cool option out of dash?

The truth is there is a history of this tech. In its original form, it was in Brawl making it possible to do tilts and f-smashes, but for Mega Man it did so much more; jabs, tilts, nairs, and f-smash.

Example of this by @NinjaLink and before this was quite easy to pull. By chance TC, could you share me a video, maybe I might be able to recreate what you did being very capable of DITCIT myself. All this you're saying sounds pretty crazy since they CLEARLY patched it out enabling Mega Man to slide post Mewtwo patch.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
One thing I wonder is why hasn't anybody else stumbled upon this while practicing/actually doing Boost Blading in all it's forms? I've spent a few hours with it. Is it so difficult that it really has no practical purpose even if you manage to recreate it?

I don't mean to be such a downer but everyone is getting their hopes up. Someone needs to even this out. haha

Also, don't most people talk about how garbage Fsmash is anyways? Doing it while holding a MB doesn't change anything about it. You didn't specify but I'm assuming you were standing still when you Fsmashed. Being able to Fmash with MB in hand doesn't improve by adding an extremely complicated input pattern while you worry about spacing and timing.

Anyways, carry on : P

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
One thing I wonder is why hasn't anybody else stumbled upon this while practicing/actually doing Boost Blading in all it's forms? I've spent a few hours with it. Is it so difficult that it really has no practical purpose even if you manage to recreate it?

I don't mean to be such a downer but everyone is getting their hopes up. Someone needs to even this out. haha

Also, don't most people talk about how garbage Fsmash is anyways? Doing it while holding a MB doesn't change anything about it. You didn't specify but I'm assuming you were standing still when you Fsmashed. Being able to Fmash with MB in hand doesn't improve by adding an extremely complicated input pattern while you worry about spacing and timing.

Anyways, carry on : P
True, but it can still be useful MAYBE, but I won't know until I actually do it myself. Perhaps it wouldn't be quite as useful its previous form, but **** all else anyways because its still a cool glitchnique to do when you do not want to toss your metal blade. Sure the F-Smash is garbage in spur uses, but under certain conditions, it becomes very okay to use which is almost near and far IMO. (I already said enough how leaf shield does F-Smash's job often better) There are definitely times where you may find yourself holding a metal blade and when you see a grand opportunity to use F-Smash, but you just can't do that since you're holding a darn blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom