• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charge Shot B-Reverse?

TheRealKillager

Smash Rookie
I normally main :4villager:Villager, but I've been wanting to pick up :4samus:Samus for a while. I started practicing with her, and I found that I cannot reliably pull off a B-reversed charge shot. This confuses me because I can B-reverse pocket as Villager almost 100% of the time and I even tested both out in the same session. Is the timing for the B-reverse different for pocket and charge shot? If not, then is there any explanation for why I can B-reverse pocket but not always the charge shot?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...a few things to consider:

• It would be a good idea to set your :GCCN: to do specials. Makes :GCB: reversing a snap, it does. And remember to tap in the opposite direction immediately after the input. AFAIK, timing does not vary with different neutral specials.
    • If y'all already did the above, well, she doesn't recoil much with Charge Shot for it to have practical application. Still, it's a good technique for her to make use of.
Edit: I recant what I said above.

Last edited:

Caedus

Smash Cadet
You probably want Samus's c stick set to attack, or even smash (though attack is objectively better) there's a thread somewhere around here that goes over pros and cons of each. I don't know anybody that's not a Luigi main that uses B sticking. Now, with that bit of misguided advice dealt with, I can answer your actual question. The timing is the opposite of other characters' b reverses. I'm told it's like how b reversing worked in melee, but if you lack that frame of reference (as I do), it goes: flick stick left in the opposite direction she's facing then immediately input a neutral special. If timed slightly off you can fail to reverse it because the stick has sprung back towards the direction she's facing (this can be worse depending on the tension and wiggle your stick has). This also explains why you'll sometimes get a reverse in midair when you don't mean to, generally when you're moving forward and try to do a normal charge shot.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Good grief guys...Lola and Caedus - can you not spread wrong information please?

TheRealKillager TheRealKillager (and also for the information of L Lola Luftnagle and C Caedus ) - you CAN NOT b-reverse Samus' charge shot.

I'll repeat that - you CAN NOT b-reverse Samus' charge shot. It can't be done. It's impossible.

What you CAN do however, is what's called a turnaround b, or a b-pivot, or sometimes simply called a reverse CS. It's important to make the distinction that this is NOT actually b-reverse because it does not change your aerial momentum the way a b-reverse does.

To reverse a charge shot, perform a turnaround b: flick the stick to the back of where you are facing, allow the stick to return to center, then immediately push b. It's a sort of gallop rhythm. Reverse CS is an extremely powerful tool, and many people do not expect it (because they are unfamiliar with the matchup). It's very good as a ledge trump option. After the trump, jump, then reverse charge shot. This will punish a jump and put you back on the stage with the kickback.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
C Caedus : **** you for doing that.

I'm done with this site. I'll learn Smash on my own. Considering how I blew up earlier, there's no telling what I will do in the future.

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Sorry L Lola Luftnagle I didn't see your response that got reported but maybe I was a little less tactful than I should have been (it just kind of annoys me when people spread misleading information).

Top Bottom