• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I've been going through a bit of inner turmoil lately. Recently I've been practicing to become better, learning advanced moves, etc.

My main is Young Link. I've always loved Young Link. Pretty good recovery, nice projectiles, pretty fast, and he has a sword. He's been my favorite character since I unlocked him oh so many years ago.

But with my entering the higher levels, I'm starting to wonder if I should switch...do the tiers matter that much?

I was also wondering if I should get a "Minor" character, one who is in a higher tier, and one that is strong against all the ones Young Link is weak against.

What should I do? :(

pdk

Smash Lord
go with the minor if you like YL so much, simple

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I looked at the character match-up chart, and Shiek seems to be the best in this case, but the thing is, she's better in EVERY scenario except against Peach. >_> Ugh...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Just main young link. If you really can't stand some certain matchups with him, learn a few more characters just to play those matchups. Don't just go with Sheik because she's better, unless you also like playing as her. Of course Sheik is going to do better than Young Link in almost every matchup. That's because she is high tier and Young Link is low tier... There are also low tier tournaments. (time to use your young link) Just remember that if you are going to main a low tier, unless you use a high tier secondary vs. high tiers, you'll have to learn the difficult matchups inside and out or you will die fast. I personally do both. I have my Peach for the harder matchups, and I learn the hard matchups with my low tiers in case I get counterpicked.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
A low tier tournament would be pretty sweet.

If I do a minor character, I'd probably choose Marth, just because he's cool. :)

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
lol blind get a new avatar >.< and we gotta smash again im way better hehehe and yea jsut learn young link and look for chu dats vids ok yl his is teh ****

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing about the tier-list:

If everyone stays away from low-tier characters for tournies because they feel they're at a huge disadvantage, low-tier characters won't be represented at tournies.
If low-tiers never win or at least do well at tournies (because so few play them), they never move up the list.

If you do well with someone considered low-tier, keep with 'em. Show people what Young Link can do and perhaps change some minds.

That said, the tier-list exists the way it is for a reason and it'll be an uphill battle to nudge a character around on that list.

Just don't forget to have fun!

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Stick with Young Link if you like playing as him, and go with Marth as secondary.

lol blind get a new avatar >.< and we gotta smash again im way better hehehe and yea jsut learn young link and look for chu dats vids ok yl his is teh ****
dude i just chaned my av...or r u saying i got a new av...

just tell me when u want to smash, on weekends, and i'll try to make my friends come this time...:)

I got way better too...at least I think...I need to try stuff out.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Stay with young link! He's awesome! Try to "minor" captain falcon, even though hes hard to use and I suck with him, I'd say hes one of the most fun characters

Top Bottom