• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you use in Free for all?

daHsu

Smash Rookie
I love playing 1v1, but when I’m just chilling at my friend’s house with 7 other people that’s just not possible. Obviously, free for all is much different than 1v1, especially because it’s more casual and about having fun (and bragging rights). This is personally what I look for in a free-for-all character:

- guerrilla tactics/stalling capabilities (i.e. pikachu)
- insane kill potential when nobody is paying attention (i.e. Ike)
- at least decent 1v1 for towards the end of the match (i.e. meta knight)
- bonus: option to randomly suicide on others (i.e. ganon)

I commonly use Kirby and toon link for free for alls, but ganandorf is the funnest around my friends who don’t really play the game (surprise ganonpunches and ganoncides ftw!)

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
I like characters that can clear the stage and send everyone flying, like Ike and Charizard. But when I'm playing with people who don't "keep it casual" in free for alls, I tend to stick with Lucario, Pikachu, Toon Link, and Link.

One guy I play against regularly likes to play as Bowser and do "Bowsercide". Great fun!

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
When I'm with a bunch of friends we rarely play 1v1, it's usually free for all. I normally still play as sheik but will sometimes use jiggly puff as a joke. I fly puff off the stage as high as she goes than I charge my roll up and let loose back onto the stage. Than I repeat. Everyone is too busy with each other to worry about me so I usually hit someone every time. However when it gets down to 1v1 during the joke matches where I use puff, I usually lose because I suck so bad at her. :p

It's just a fun way to make people mad haha

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
When I'm with a bunch of friends we rarely play 1v1, it's usually free for all. I normally still play as sheik but will sometimes use jiggly puff as a joke. I fly puff off the stage as high as she goes than I charge my roll up and let loose back onto the stage. Than I repeat. Everyone is too busy with each other to worry about me so I usually hit someone every time. However when it gets down to 1v1 during the joke matches where I use puff, I usually lose because I suck so bad at her. :p

It's just a fun way to make people mad haha
I like your style...

D

Deleted member

Most of the time, I play as Luigi since he is my favorite character. Though, a 1v1 battle helps me test my skills as Luigi (as well as Meta Knight, my other main).

In free-for-alls though, I love being other characters. I love to have some variety and play as characters like Wario, Pit, Sonic, Falco, and especially Ganondorf. It's always fun playing as Ganondorf, use a Warlock Punch when you are off of the revival platform, and get unsuspecting kills on your opponents as they are busy with others.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Good old Ganon. I like using him in free-for-alls as well. Every once in a while I'll pull a Samus and transform half-way into zerosuit to get some WHAT's and decimate whoever is left. Then it's back to Link and Ganon.

link2702

Smash Champion
any and everyone aside from peach olimar and diddy.

Of course the only FFA matches i ever end up in are basic brawl ones, but really the noobs there are so easy to beat its not even funny.

watching the noob ikes RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE because i'm dodging all his slow moves is hilarious. They keep thinking he's so op'd until they actually face someone with a brain that knwos where the shield button is.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I like going Snake or Luigi ... Snake wrecks **** with nades and explosives ... and Luigi ...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I usually pick Random in FFA, but if anyone, it's usually Ike, Ganondorf, Snake, Jigglypuff or Captain Falcon. Sometimes I pick Sonic just to mess with my friends and piss 'em off.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Usually I'll go King Dedede, Toon Link or Jigglypuff.

King Dedede has huge power, but depending on the situation, I may very well end up being a punching bag thanks to Dedede's size.

I usually go Jigglypuff in Basic Brawl when I feel more like sitting back, watching the fight, and steal kills. I only do that when a taunt group gets screwed over for some reason, though. In all other circumstances I use Jigglypuff, I fight normally.

Lastly Toon Link is fast, armed with several projectiles, has good aerials and finishers, and he just so happesn to be one of my best characters, one I use in Free for Alls often.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
i hit random.
Free for all is amazingly fun and me and friends like to change it up with special brawls.
Giant metal flower curry on Norfair makes the game lag but it is enjoyable!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
It's also fun to go 4 Warios and hit the Big Blue. We just have a good time racing the bikes and trying to stay out in front of the cars. Whoever dies least wins! Consequently Wario's stats are absolutely wretched on our wii's.

Top Bottom