• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you sincerely believe will be in Brawl

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Um, you do realize we know all of Link's special moves, right? Theres none left for him to have a transformation with.

Zevox
Eh, I'm sure Sakurai could think of something, because I don't think Wolf Link deserves a spot all by himself (I see recurrence before any sort of popularity or appearance in a recent game). Maybe he can swap the old picking up bombs for bomb arrows that we recently had brought back in TP. -shrug-

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
my main 2 are dedede cuz hes a big kirby charecter and sakurai made him, and balloon fighter since there was balloon fighter stuff all over the place in melee even a balloon fighter theme song.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Captain Olimar
Ridley
Lucario
King Dedede
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
WW Link
A rep for Animal Crossing
Mr. Game & Watch

Zevox

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm sure Sakurai could think of something, because I don't think Wolf Link deserves a spot all by himself (I see recurrence before any sort of popularity or appearance in a recent game). Maybe he can swap the old picking up bombs for bomb arrows that we recently had brought back in TP. -shrug-
...but we know he didn't. Again, we know all of Link's special moves now, and the only changes are that he can charge his spin attack and his boomerang is now the gale boomerang.

Personally, I don't think Wolf Link will be in at all. Its a neat aspect to Twilight Princess, but hardly an important one to the Zelda series. I'd expect it as a trophy and/or sticker, but thats it.

Zevox

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Characters that I'm convinced will make it.

Caption Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Gannondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, Sonic, Mewtwo, Sheik, Mr. Game and Watch.

Also sure at least 1 other starfox rep will make it, I'm personally would like Krystal, Wolf and Falco to all make it, but it doesn't seem like we will get 4 starfox reps. Hoping they at least give Wolf as a trophy if he's not a playable character this time around.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why does everyone believe Tom Nook has high chances? He's in the background of a stage! The only characters that might break that rule are K.K. Slider (notice how Sakurai had the characters looking at him...), or the Animal Crossing human. I say Animal Crossing human because they are "generic", and it would make sense to have those in the background and your AC human fighting.

Not saying that either of those will make it in, but they have a better chance then Tom Nook at least.

As for me there are no characters I can say here. Everything is speculation. There's not a single character you can say will be in for sure. Sakurai is the person who says who's in and who's not in, that may not follow our logic completely.

Although I'm pretty sure that Ganondorf and Luigi are returning. The game just wouldn't make sense without those two playable.

I just hope that Isaac is one of those that makes it in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Veteran characters which I believe are all but confirmed:

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Luigi
Mr.Game & Watch
Jigglypuff

These characters have nothing to fear I think. Captain Falcon got mentoined in Samurai Goroh's AT update, and is the sole representation for F Zero. The fact that his profile is still not up is I think because he'll still be the sole representation for F Zero, which would be a shame really...

Jigglypuff is the original first character you unlock, and I expect nothing else from Brawl. Mr.Game & Watch has all reasons to return since the Ice Climbers returned aswell, and why cut retro's if your adding Pit?

Ganondorf and Luigi are too important to their franchise to be cutted, and I expect them to return with more original movesets.

Veteran characters that I believe have rather good changes:
Mewtwo
Ness
Marth
Falco

These characters have a good change to return. However, I think Marth and Ness could easly be replaced by modern characters from the same franchise. It's widely speculated that Lucas will replace Ness in Brawl, and that Marth already was replaced by Ike (which I believe is more likely). It could go either way with both I guess...

Mewtwo COULD also be replaced by a more modern Pokémon, but I'd really hate that if that were to happen, and I believe he's still more likely than Marth and Ness anyways. Mewtwo is way more iconic than any other Pokémon I could see him replaced with (looking at you Lucario).

Veteran character which I don't want to be in Brawl but still has moderate changes:
Sheik

Yeah, I hate Sheik. And I don't want her to be in Brawl either. I can make a huge essay about this if I want to, but I'll skip it this time. Sheik has an original moveset like the Ice Climbers and Mr.Game & Watch so therefore shouldn't be cut. However, we have ZZS running around being a transformation character who's extremely similair to Sheik and we have around 4 Sheik-less Zelda games so I guess it could really go either way. <_<; Unfortunatly...

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Veterans:
Captain Falcon (well, he's the only F-Zero rep... and he's popular)
Luigi (no Mario without Luigi)
Jigglypuff (traditional first unlockable)
Mr G&W (Nintendo's oldest character, about as retro as you can get, pure nostalgic genius (and a very original moveset))
Mewtwo (as aforementioned, the closest thing to a villain that the pokemon series will get)
Ganondorf (do I even have to explain?)

Newcomers that I'm very sure of:
Lucas (replacement for Ness)
King DeDeDe (high popularity on the poll, has been in more Kirby games than Meta Knight, would fit in extremely well in the game)
Krystal (more original Star Fox rep than Falco and there's a lack of female characters in SSB)
Another Fire Emblem rep

Newcomers that I think have a decent chance, but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it:
Ridley (Samus' arch-nemesis. also, the introduction of gliding would solve the problem of him having wings. Then again, he could also become a boss...)
Sonic (ridiculously extreme popularity...)
Megaman (Capcom's mascot. And he has a great history with Nintendo, especially on the NES)
Wolf O' Donnell (The only 'practical-as-a-character' Star Fox villain)
Waluigi (think about it, with Wario and Luigi in the same game it wouldn't be too crazy to add Waluigi as well. Then again, Mario already has a lot of reps)
Another F-Zero rep (if this were to be case, then probably either Black Shadow (because he's a villain) or Jody Summers (because she's female) (though I wouldn't be surprised if it were to be Phoenix either... dunno why exactly))
Dixie Kong or Tiny Kong (female DK rep)
Captain Olimar
An AC rep

Reyairia

Smash Champion
...but we know he didn't. Again, we know all of Link's special moves now, and the only changes are that he can charge his spin attack and his boomerang is now the gale boomerang.

Personally, I don't think Wolf Link will be in at all. Its a neat aspect to Twilight Princess, but hardly an important one to the Zelda series. I'd expect it as a trophy and/or sticker, but thats it.

Zevox
Sheik was hardly important to the Zelda series either, just gave another side to Zelda.
Anyway, I was on "Wolf Link as transformation to Link or gtfo" mode, but I forgot about that, so apparently it's gtfo.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
After reading the post about Dark Samus a few pages back, I'd have to agree that he (yes he, although I believe it's genderless) wouldn't be a clone of Samus. Dark Samus doesn't have any weapons that Samus does, except for using the blaster. Here would be his special moves:

Standard Special: Phazon Beam

Dark Samus shoots out strips of phazon energy that temporarily corrupts the enemy. There's no charging here and I'd say it could work out like Bowser's fire breath in that it fades slowly the longer you use it.

Down Special: Meteor (give me a better name for this :p)

You know that meteor attack Dark Samus used in Echoes the first time you battle him? Say hello to Dark Samus' down special. Dark Samus turns into a ball of phazon energy and strikes the ground hitting anyone in his way.

Up Special: Particle Formation

Ok we all know Dark Samus can turn into a bunch of phazon particles at will right? Well...when the up + b combo is used, Dark Samus could burst into a bunch of particles and reform in any direction you tilt the control stick. Kind of like teleporting, but much cooler imo.

Side Special: Metroid Swarm

I'm not too sure about this one but I couldn't really think of anything else. Dark Samus is really Metroid Prime who is the mother of all metroids right? (I could be wrong but) So side special could be Dark Samus summoning a couple of metroids and sending them to attack a nearby player.

And of course he would be floating while running just like mewtwo. And there's just a bunch of cool stuff Dark Samus could do.

So yeah, Dark Samus would be a cool character imo. What do you guys think? Does he really have a chance?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Waluigi (think about it, with Wario and Luigi in the same game it wouldn't be too crazy to add Waluigi as well. Then again, Mario already has a lot of reps)
...but Wario is isn't even repping the Mario series. Waluigi wouldn't fit in. Thank goodness. I'll live for the day when he's announced as an AT.

myuu

Smash Rookie
Bomberman (from Bomberman lol)
Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Banjo&Kazooie (Banjo&Kazooie)
Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
The only ones that I think are in for sure are:

G&W
Captain Falcon