• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you never used in Melee, but now use in Brawl

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking Zelda now. It seems like they sped up some of her attacks and just overall made her less awkward to use. The fact that I can uptilt without accidentally jumping is nice too. And of course, brunette Zelda > blonde Zelda :)

I like using Fox now too, since I can actually control him now without killing myself.

Celes

Smash Rookie
found myself using peach more only just cuz im loving the new characters. Peach im using more just because her sideB is way better and i used the unnerfed Samus and Captain Falcon in Melee and had no interest in her^^

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I find myself doing the opposite. I used to play Zelda in melee, I enjoy her new buffed move set but I don't know why I am not using her anymore.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I still use some characters from Melee, but I use them more since I find them easier to use now.

orintemple

Smash Lord
PIKA PIKA PIKACHU!

I love him in Brawl, didn't like him at all in Melee which was disappointing cause he was my main in 64. But now I love him again! YAY!

Eff_Soul

Smash Cadet
Link.I dont know what they did with him but it is A LOT easier to use him,without feeling so sluggish.Im thinking about switching ike for him as one of my mains.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
um if you count toon link as young link then toon link...
The characters I wasn't a fan of of before I'm still really not fan of (not that they are bad, just not my playing style/fun for me)

I'm not really a fan of the new Ganondorf though, he was one of my main alts before, but now he just isn't as fun to play as (regardless of his awesome forward tilt)

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I always kind of liked Bowser and Zelda, and I played them occasionally out of boredom in Melee, but I never really got serious with either of them. I haven't gotten around to going back to them, what with having so many new characters to figure out and all, but I'm definitely going to give them both another shot one of these days. Zelda in particular is looking really good.

Most of the characters I literally never played continue to not interest me, aside from a mild curiosity I've been developing about Game & Watch.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
Marth, i've always completely hated him as a character and fighter, but i sort of enjoy playing him this time around, but i guess it goes with most of the old characters. Everyone feels so fresh and new that it's fun :)

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Game and Watch was buffed a lot, but I still don't use him that much. I really don't use any of the melee characters other then Marth.

RedTone

Smash Cadet
I started using Peach and Zelda in Brawl..greatly reduced my playtime with Ganondorf and Jigglypuff..

I have no good reasons for these changes but I'm happy I did:embarrass

NukeA6

Smash Master
I use Zelda way more than Sheik and for a good reason. I'm also using Mr. Game & Watch more. Is it just me, or is his Judgement move a lot better?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I'm not really using anyone more, but I am definantly using Marth less. I was a young link main, but who also wasn't a top teir main (you know what i mean when i say that). But now i dont play marth at all. I played him once i first got the game and thought "nice", but i havent played him in a 1v1 or FFA since that first night.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
I like Zelda better than Sheik now, I'm playing marth alot less, and I never played Ganon, but now I LIKE HIM

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
Zelda and Bowser. I tip my hat to the one who've previously mentioned this.

It's amazing for both, since originally they were too slow to work with. Now, because everyone is slower (except maybe Sonic), they've became workable. Awesome :).

Best101

Smash Ace
I still main Falco, and I playing as Toon Link a lot. But I use DK a lot more than I did in Melee because of his Final Smash. (in Melee I played with him like 10 times)

Rash

Smash Ace
Kirby, Ness, Zelda, Bowser...

Pretty much every character who sucked in Melee but is as good as everyone else in Brawl. Except Ice Climbers.

I especially enjoy playing Zelda because she's not overshadowed by Sheik anymore.

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
IDK if this counts but in Melee, I used to hate Samus. I mean HATE! Not only did I hate playing her but I hated fighting her too.

However, in Brawl, I love playing as Zero Suit Samus. She tops Fox and Pit in my main list. I don't even care that her FS sux. I still can't play as Power Suit Samus but I can certainly take her down with ease so I don't hate too much anymore. To some eveything up...

In Melee: Samus = utter hatred
In Brawl: Zamus= complete pwnage (but not Power Suit. She can roll over and die)

Shaftobi

Smash Rookie
Cmon guys! What about Luigi? Weejy needs some love too!
He's MUCH better now imo lol

Phocks

Smash Rookie
Weegee and Link for me. Both are much better than they were in Melee. The game's still fairly new, and I still haven't even really played all the characters enough to be familiar with them, let alone do I feel comfortable enough to go back to playing Melee mains.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
I never used in Melee Solid Snake or Pokémon Trainer (AKA Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town). But other from those, I remain very conservative in character usage.

But I really wanted to give Mewtwo a second chance... :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::flame::flame::flame::uzi::rocket::bigrocket

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Cmon guys! What about Luigi? Weejy needs some love too!
He's MUCH better now imo lol
Weegee and Link for me. Both are much better than they were in Melee. The game's still fairly new, and I still haven't even really played all the characters enough to be familiar with them, let alone do I feel comfortable enough to go back to playing Melee mains.
Luigi was better in Melee. A good Luigi was scary to play against

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjovwgLSmZ4

napZzz

Smash Hero
I use g&w now, they made him alot better. And yes luigi was quite the beast in melee. Ka-master was a god with him. That was a bad video of ka-master though.

Top Bottom