• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who can be hit with a full short-hopped knee?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
So what characters can you get a sweetspot knee on if you knee as soon as shorthopping (I usually do this with up on the analogue and right/left on the cstick)?

I can get it on both Marth and Bowser and Ganondorf (fairly easy on them)...

We should make a big fat list. :bee:

edit: works on ZSS and Samus too, though she's kinda tough

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
I find it's only use is for the lower percents. Once the enemy goes 100% and up, uair is more than enough to kill.

Awesome, but obviously not nearly as it used to be.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
You mean like a knee IMMEDIATELY after a short hop? Standing or in air?

Characters who are short most likely won't get hit by it.
Yes, immediately. It's useful to know. Even some of these guys are really hard to hit, though... I just wish ZSS was bigger , CF likes it best that way

Mann

Smash Ace
It's hard man. Falcon's grab game from Melee set his opponents for knees. Not going to be able to hit them right after a short hop majority of the time unless they were in the air first.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's definitely situational. Actually pretty easy vs ganon/bowser though. Just too bad CF can't get Marth, he's already got it hard when dealing with Marth, regardless of his manly powers. Really I think the only thing that can counter Marth is ZSS.

Mann

Smash Ace
When trying to go against characters who will be declared at a higher tier than Falcon, and you want to win, you're going to have vary your game so much, doesn't matter if they have been around a long time, or new to the game. But at least have fun with it.

Dodges. Air dodges. Empty short hops. Rolls. Grabs without throws. Full Nairs or one kick Nairs. RaRing or landing behind them to do Bairs. Reverse Uairs or facing them. etc etc. The more advantage a character has over what you choose, the more you have to think. The faster you think, the better.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't think anyone expects you to land behind them and do bairs. I'd be quite shocked, myself. :bee:

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
OK the only other characters who can be hit with a SH knee are Charizard and Snake. Which brings us up to:
charizard
Snake
Bowser
Ganon
Marth
Samus/Zamus
:bee:

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
So I have dash sh sskneed sandbag in the wifi practice room so I would put anyone taller on the list

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
When I play KeyKid, I notice he usually gets his sweetspotted knees by doing either single or double FULL jumps, as if he is going to sail over them or something, and the comes right down upon them and knees them. He's quite good at it, and I haven't been able to mimic it very many times.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
When I play KeyKid, I notice he usually gets his sweetspotted knees by doing either single or double FULL jumps, as if he is going to sail over them or something, and the comes right down upon them and knees them. He's quite good at it, and I haven't been able to mimic it very many times.
Yeah I try to get creative with the Knee. If you're predictable you'll get punished badly. lol Thanks for the compliments by the way. :)

Some of my "Key" tactics (bad pun I know) are to vary between full hopped Fairs and Bairs. Here's a list of things I do:

Coming Down in Front:

Full hop -> FF -> Knee
Full hop -> FF -> double jump when just above their head -> FF -> Knee
RAR -> FF -> Bair
RAR -> FF -> double jump -> FF -> Bair
Full hop -> FF -> Air dodge to the ground -> Shield grab
Full hop -> FF -> Air dodge to the ground -> Dtilt

Coming Down in Back:

RAR -> FF -> Knee
RAR -> FF -> double jump -> FF -> Knee
Full hop -> FF -> Bair
Full hop -> FF -> double jump -> FF -> Bair

Stuff like that.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
It's more of a mind game. The more an opponent is not used to a playing style, the easier it will be to deal with him/her.
Yeah it's definitely a mind game. But it's generally an effective one. Falcon is only good if you mindgame people, which sadly speaks volumes about how far he has fallen as a character. lol

Top Bottom