• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that you NEVER see in For Glory

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Olimar/Alph and Pikachu are probably my least seen characters on FG.

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
I've never fought a Lucario in For Glory. Does that mean Lucario is an unpopular character?

The question asked by this thread relies entirely on anecdotal experience. You might go 1000 matches without ever seeing a character that I played against six times in a row last week, so listing characters we haven't personally run into doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Never seen Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Dark Pit, Pit and Ganondorf.

Really.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I've only ever seen one Ness in FG. They beat me to a pulp and left after one match. ROB and Donkey Kong are two other rare sightings. It's sad, because those three are some of the most fun characters in the game.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I've never fought a Lucario in For Glory. Does that mean Lucario is an unpopular character?

The question asked by this thread relies entirely on anecdotal experience. You might go 1000 matches without ever seeing a character that I played against six times in a row last week, so listing characters we haven't personally run into doesn't mean anything.
Yes, but that doesn't make it any less interesting. It's still a good discussion topic, and anecdotal experience is still valid.

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Yes, but that doesn't make it any less interesting. It's still a good discussion topic, and anecdotal experience is still valid.
I can get behind that. I simply meant that if the intent was to figure out who the least popular characters were, you need raw data instead of anecdotal personal accounts, and I could have conveyed that more clearly.

For the record, I'm sitting at around 500 For Glory games right now and I've never seen :4diddy::4gaw: or another :4lucario:.
Everyone else I've fought at least once, but I'd say the 10 most popular characters show up in roughly 80-85% of my total matches.

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord
After playing the game for over a month, not once have I seen Kirby, Palutena, Game and Watch, another Zelda or WFT

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
I used to be a brawl player, and I think it's hilarious that I have yet to see a Metaknight. I would love to see more Olimars, Rosalinas, and Pac-mans. I always get Rekt when I run into one cause I have no idea how to deal... but Mk is the ONLY character that I've NEVER seen online.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Characters I always saw:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4megaman::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4yoshi::4zss:

Characters I occasionaly saw:
:4dedede::4diddy::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4kirby::4ness::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4tlink::4villager:

Characters I saw once or twice:
:4fox::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4marth::4olimar::4pacman::4pikachu::4robinm::4samus::4wiifit::4zelda:

Characters I never saw:
:4darkpit::4dk::4duckhunt::4luigi::4mario::4metaknight::4pit::4rob::4wario2:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Sheik (rarely), Pac-Man, Sonic, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Peach, ZSS, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Luma, Mr. Game and Watch (I play him, he's really fun), Pit, Olimar, Yoshi, Robin and Falco.

My ELO is probably just really bad, though. Most people just play Little Mac and Ness. I have no clue why Ness, but he's common.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Olimar for sure. I think I've seen ONE Alph, and that's it. Olimar/Alph is very uncommon.

Ness's are also fairly rare, but you see a few.

Luigi was kind of rare, but I've seen more recently. Maybe because he was in a Conquest people tried him out and then stuck with him. I don't know. I use him all the time though.

Zelda's are uncommon as well. I think I've probably seen about two, not sure.

Peach is pretty rare, I've hardly seen any of her.

Diddy Kong is kind of uncommon for me as well.

Dr. Mario is also uncommon.

Okay, I think I'm done.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4olimar:,:4gaw:, and :4rob:.

Olimar must be pretty hard to use for him to not appear (or :4littlemac: seems to be the only spot on the roster).

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
I'm honestly surprised that not that many people see ness.
Even though I am a ness main so I see him a lot.

But I did see my first diddy kong yesterday. I haven't seen any :4pikachu::4kirby::4olimar::4wario2::4bowserjr:, or :4tlink:

or ridley :troll:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I have yet to see an Olimar (lol), DK I only see if I'm playing with someone long enough to switch up characters every now and then (aka not their main), I've only ever seen around 2 MKs, Pits, and Dr. Marios, and for some reason I rarely ever see Jigglypuffs and G&Ws.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I don't always run into Ganondorfs in For Glory

But when I do, the ditto is so satisfying.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I don't always run into Ganondorfs in For Glory

But when I do, the ditto is so satisfying.
Ganondorf dittos are so fun (lol). I do it all the time whenever I run into one as well.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ganondorf dittos are so fun (lol). I do it all the time whenever I run into one as well.
I love it when they don't know how to tech the side b, and you can just input a muscle memory combo. Auto destruction.

Side b > down tilt > Fair > down b > Uair > recover > off ledge Bair

Last edited:

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
I was expecting to see tons of Zero Shorts Samuses and Swimsuit Shulks, but out of my 1200+ matches so far I've only seen two or three of the former and none of the latter.

D

Deleted member

I've mostly encountered Little Mac (especially this one), Lucario, Lucina, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, King Dedede, Toon Link, Ness, and maybe a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head...
The rest are a rare breed.

StardustBamma

Smash Rookie
NNID
StardustBamma
I'm sitting at 800+ battles now and I've never seen Shulk, Olimar, Meta Knight, Dedede, Kirby, or DK. Is this just coincidence?

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I play a mean DK, since he's not my main. I play Kirby also sometimes.

I haven't seen a Fox, GW, Doc, Greninja, Dedede, Olimar, Luigi :( and another Pacman player yet.

Esquire

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkSlay
I'm at around 1000 For Glory battles deep. Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever played against a :4gaw: or a :4drmario: even once.
Every other character I've at least seen once, although I think the whole "once" thing applies literally to :4metaknight:, :4wario2:, :4pikachu: and :4kirby:. I would add :4pit: to the list, but I am a Pit main, so...guess that doesn't count. Way more :4darkpit: out there though, which makes little sense to me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
in my 1300 matches of FG i have seen every character at least once maybe twice but :4pikachu:, :4olimar:/:4alph: , and:4shulk: are some seriously endangered species.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
The only Donkey Kong I've seen online is me. Besides that, I haven't played a whole lot of For Glory, so I really don't have much else to say about that.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I've played about 250 (170ish people) and when I faced their main, I've seen about:

20 Little Macs,
7 C. Falcons,
6 Ness'
5 Links,
4 Rosalinas
4 Ikes,
4 Bowser Jrs,
4 Shulks,
4 Yoshis,
4 Sonics,
3 Samus',
3 Lucarios,
3 ZS Samus',
3 Ganons,
3 Marios,
3 Toon Links,
3 Greninjas
3 King DeDeDes,
3 Dark Pits,
3 Jigglypuffs,
3 Robins,
2 Marths,
2 Kirbys,
2 Bowsers,
2 Sheiks,
2 Dr. Marios,
2 Palutenas,
2 Zeldas,
2 Megamans,
2 Pac-Mans,
2 Duck Hunts,
2 Villagers,
1 Wii Fit Trainer,
1 Pit,
1 Diddy (Yesterday),
1 DK,
1 Wario,
1 Lucina,
1 Meta Knight
1 Peach,
1 Pikachu,
1 Charizard,
1 Falco,
1 Luigi,
0 Olimars,
0 G&Ws,
0 Foxs

This is an estimate. Surprised I've never seen a Fox.

EDIT: I FACED A LUIGI :DDDDDD

Last edited:

LightLV

Smash Ace
Wario is so rare, I honestly forgot he was in the game.

I didnt play one to remind me. It was in a casual conversation about how nobody cares about Wario.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Wario is so rare, I honestly forgot he was in the game.

I didnt play one to remind me. It was in a casual conversation about how nobody cares about Wario.
When I saw the Wario I was like "wow". He was using the glitch too, where your momentum can be moved back to the stage. Maybe thats why idk.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is one of the characters I play in my rotation, but I rarely see another one. Usually I only see one if I beat someone and they decide to mirror me.

Other than that, I very rarely see Villager, Peach, MetaKnight, or Palutena.

Last edited:
Top Bottom