• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that can help practice and learn Mario's fundamentals

How do you improve at the game with your characters?

• Choose characters to learn new playstyles

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Choose characters that can practice my main's fundamentals

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys.

Basically, I'm looking for a secondary that I won't really use for tournament purposes, but a character that I want to have fun with. I'm confused to whether I should use characters with different playstyles to help me learn the game more in order to improve or I should use characters with the same fundamentals as my main character? Anyway, aside of that, I currently main:4mario::4sonic:, more focusing on Mario. My question is basically the title of this thread: Aside from the imo, obvious characters that can improve Mario's fundamentals (:4drmario::4luigi:), which other characters can help practice and/or learn Mario's fundamentals as a character? I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.

Characters I'm more interested into are:4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4littlemac::4luigi::4marth::4megaman::4pit::4samus::4villager::4falcon::4metaknight::4shulk::4drmario::4ganondorf::4feroy::4ryu:and hopefully:4cloud:.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
no prob =)

I still say that solo maiming will make you better much mich faster than dual-mainingz
Well... I primarly focus on Mario most of the time, but I try to play Sonic, because I love this dude. I know a lot of people hate Sonic ,and I can totally understand why, but come on... I solo main in the other Smash games, but Smash 4 is the only game to where I dual-main, because I feel more comfortable with Smash 4 than the other games.

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
Most Mario mains actually like to secondary Cloud. (Like moi) Because there play styles actually transfer very well to one another.

But I agree, If you want to improve on a character, just keep playing with the character. Personally a main should come to you if you're good at him and like to play as him :)

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Mario is a very fundamental-based character already.

I can also say that playing :4samus: helped me a lot to be more patient in neutral.

Top Bottom