• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters lugi can chaingrab?

Falco865

Smash Apprentice
I know he can chain grab squirtle and deed from low percentages to like 60 but who else can he chaingrab and for how long?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
These are the characters of the top of my head: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Falcon, Snake, DDD, Squirtle, Pikachu, Sonic, Charizard (?), Lucas (?), Marth(?)

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
You guys are talking about the ka master wavedash back regrab magic right? I wasnt aware that he could chain grab other characters than spacies. Was his grab altered in this game or could he CG falcon and pika in melee too?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Most people he can D throw chain grab for a good while and then on heavier or fast fallers you have the classic up throw re grab up throw. Usually if I have a stored misfire I'll use it as a finisher at point blank range off a D throw

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
Both his up and down throws have backwards trajectories on them, so you mean to use wavedash to chaingrab them right? Because otherwise i dont see how luigi could chaingrab opponents who di backwards

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Sometimes you can hit a Shoryu if you WD after them, but you have to make sure you're facing the opposite direction as you're WD'ing after the D throw. If they DI out I guess that WD'ing is the only thing that gets you far enough fast enough

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
Ill have to test this because the combination of weak, close to the ground knockback, non vertical trajectory, slow run and short grab seems to add up to everything required to miss out on having a true chaingrab.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
As far as Marth goes, you're guarenteed with DThrow CG til around 15% (second throw), then you should start your aerial swag combos.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
In melee I would dthrow>backwards wavedash/dash>UpB. No idea if it works in PM, but the misfire might be a better option.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Yeah for most fast to average fallers at 0 percent, upthrow to upsmash is pretty free. Then you can usually get an easy follow up from there.

Johnohue

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure with solid DI back you can't get any regrabs on anyone with d throw or up throw

Top Bottom