• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Voices-Day 1: Mario

Which voice do you prefer for Mario?

• Total voters

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Voices vary in various Smash Bros, sometimes, certain charcaters move from Japanese to English, some are the same but with new voice clips, some are mute, and some you want changed all together.

I want your opinions on what voices you liked before and want back or ones you want to keep.

Starting off is Mario, obviously Charles Martinet will always voice him, but his voice clips changed since Brawl.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 Mario's sore throat is so annoying. I modded in Mario 64 and it sounds like it should. Granted, maybe Mario shouldn't sound so "chipper" in a fight, but I think his high pitch tone at least needs to be present. His grunts need that Mario charm like 64 had, even Melee was better than Smash 4.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'd rather all the veterans have their VAs record fresh lines. We've been using a lot of the same audio files from Brawl & if Smash 5 is going to have a fresh flavor, it wouldn't hurt to make them sound more alive & evocative compared to Brawl/Smash 4. Even some of the Melee conventions like the animal grunts or Japanese dialogue's too antiquated to who those characters are now.

That being said, Mario could be a lot more chipper coming off from Odyssey, if Martinet records more lines.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If they don't replace Mario's Brawl/4 voice I will shoot myself. I hate it so much. It just sounds off and after 10 years it is grinding to listen to. Same goes for Luigi, Peach and Pikachu.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma need some new Mario voice clips

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm sick of the Mario 64 voice clips to be honest, going back wouldn't make any sense to me. But I do think they need to replace the current ones with new clips.

I think it's time too. Obviously 64 and Melee used SM64 voice clips. Brawl changed them, and I think it has everything to do with Martinet's style changing from the 64 days. If you notice, Brawl's/Sm4sh's clips are a lot closer to Mario Galaxy in tone, even if not in purpose. Now we have a new mainline Mario game that'll probably be the source of Mario's identity for this game, and the voice clips should change to reflect that.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I'd rather have reused Odyssey clips than having the Brawl clips yet again. Not they're bad, but they're really outdated

Top Bottom