• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Unlocking, Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
Some people say it is..some people say it isn't but...

There are some people saying you can unlock every character in Brawl by beating Subspace Emmissary once. Is this true or not? I heard that you get every character, i've heard that you get every character except Toon Link, and I've heard that you only get Sonic.

So this is a question to people who 100% know! So if you have the game or know someone who has the game and know how they beat it, then this is a question for you.

What is the truth?

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
First off, when you make a topic, don't put something as vague as "Is it true?" Nobody wants to enter a topic that has no ACTUAL TOPIC. For all you know everyone who actually might know the answer will just skip your topic because they think it's about Landmaster or something.

Second, from what I've seen in guides combined with what everyone else says, you unlock every character other than Wolf, Toon Link, and (I think) Ganondorf on the very FIRST playthrough of SSE. You can get those characters through SubSpace, but you have to go back in after you beat it and do specific things to meet them.

I know that's true for Wolf and TL, but I'm not sure on Ganon...there's definitely a third character that's unlocked through the same means, but it might be someone else.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok

that stinks, so you have to beat it then go back and beat it and get them. At least the alternate way of getting Toon Link is easy (just beat classic with Link) and I dont really care about Wolf and Ganon.

I think Jigglypuff is the other person you have to do something weird to get.

WiiwanttoBrawl

Smash Apprentice
you get every charactr from sse. toon link, wolf and jiglypuff are unlocked by taking different paths in sse. also every character can be unlocked in 2 or 3 different ways!:)

bobman14

Banned via Administration
It's the truth, but 3 of them can only be unlocked in the SSE by going through secret doors once you've killed tabuu (final boss).

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
You're gonna get banned, dude.
Yeaaaaaa. Explain that. This isn't the spoiler-free board, and it's a topic about unlocking characters. How is he getting banned, again? :confused:

Edit: Okay. Well I see one person is upset about it now. But still. This isn't spoiler-free.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
It's the truth, but 3 of them can only be unlocked in the SSE by going through secret doors once you've killed tabuu (final boss).
Thanks a lot I was hoping not to get spoiled about anything from the SSE:cry:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks a lot I was hoping not to get spoiled about anything from the SSE:cry:

Then you're definitely on the wrong board for that. We have a Spoiler-Free section, after all.

In terms of character unlocking though, you could just play 450 vs. matches to get everyone, too. You know, pick your poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom