• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character UI, and potential UI additions

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
With Smash Ultimate several characters have added UI to help you know what to expect in a fight, and when. For example Little Mac's KO Punch meter, and Cloud's Limit meter. I think everyone can agree that these are great additions to the game. They are so great in fact, that it's a wonder that they didn't add more UI elements to certain characters, who would benefit from it greatly. A notable example is Wario, who gets slightly fatter as he build gas for his Waft in his belly. The change is so slow though, that you probably won't notice the difference unless you personally play Wario.

A YouTuber called "PJiggles" recently made a video about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3dUN2jbPug

In the above video, PJiggles offers several ideas for UI that could be added, and also brings up the controversy of the Miis. One of the biggest issues when fighting a Mii, especially online, is that you don't know what moves they have equipped until they use them. In these situations you don't know what your opponent can do. No matter how many Miis you face, you won't know exactly what you're up against, until half way through the fight. PJiggles has presented a possible solution. It's simple, add UI elements that give you this missing information. Go to 8:10 in the video to see what I'm referring to. Adding UI elements that tell you which special a Mii has equipped would be a huge improvement, and would likely cause many who are not fans of the Miis to warm up to them more.

I wanted to bring more attention this idea, because I feel that it would greatly improve aspects of the game. I also wanted to start discussion in the community to see how open everyone would be to this idea.

I searched to make sure this kind of thread didn't already exist, but if I missed it, I'm sorry, please don't ban me.

Last edited:

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a fantastic improvement for many characters. Pac-Man, for example, could benefit from being able to see what current Bonus Fruit he has, although I'm sure that other characters have better uses.

I particularly like the idea of displaying the Mii's custom moves. It's not a charge move like we normally see represented, but it would still be a fantastic thing to add.

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a fantastic improvement for many characters. Pac-Man, for example, could benefit from being able to see what current Bonus Fruit he has, although I'm sure that other characters have better uses.

I particularly like the idea of displaying the Mii's custom moves. It's not a charge move like we normally see represented, but it would still be a fantastic thing to add.
I hadn't thought of one that shows Pac-man's item. That's a pretty good idea.

Top Bottom