• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Sound Edits (Thread update, Falcon 1.01 and a WIP!)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Note: SFX replacing requires the use of Riivolution or ISO hacking. This WILL NOT WORK with Gecko or the like.

new forums yay

So I decided to take it upon myself to replace various character voices (and some SFX) within the game to better suit my tastes, and I figured I might as well share with you guys what I have made so far. Most of it are character conversions back to their Melee voices, but that may change in the future. These are built with Super Sawndz and Sawndz 0.12 installation in mind. Get them here:
Super Sawndz!
Sawndz 0.12

Suggestions are welcome, for both existing and non-existent files. So please, share your thoughts.

[collapse=Melee Bowser/Koopa]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Meleefied Captain Falcon v1.01]Download
v1.01; A couple more melee voices were added to make this pack more complete[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee Donkey Kong]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee Falco]Download[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE=Melee Fox v.1.01]Download
v1.01; Fixed a sound playing in the wrong context[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse=Melee Ganondorf]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee/OoT Link]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Improved Luigi (WIP)]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Meleefied Peach]Download[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee SFX v.0.2]Download
(incomplete; will add more to it later)
REQUEST: If there is anyone that is capable of getting me the sword swing sounds from Melee (I can't find them ANYWHERE), I will forever be in your debt.[/collapse]

Instructions are in the "readme" for all downloads.

I intend to do more Melee characters once I sort out the issues with them. Please let me know if there are any problems with the files I have up there so I can fix them.

REQUEST: Getting these sound replacements into preview videos is completely beyond me. If anyone can help me out with getting preview videos for these so I can post them on Brawl Vault, I WILL LOVE YOU LOTS AND GIVE YOU CREDIT
plz

v.2.5
[collapse=Version History]​
v.1.00; Initial post.
v.1.01; Added what programs to use and downloads for them.
v.1.1; OoT/Melee Link added.
v.1.2; Melee Bowser/Koopa added.
v.1.3; Melee Ganondorf added.
v.2.0; Thread moved to and fixed for Smashboards forum.
v.2.2; Melee Fox and Falco added.
v.2.3; Melee SFX v.0.2 added.
V.2.5; Thread updated; Falcon 1.01 and WIP Luigi added.[/collapse]​
okay i really can't figure out why the hell smashboards is making two collapse boxes​

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Eh. I kinda like all of the Brawl voices more than the Melee voices, but it would be cool for someone who likes them.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be perfectly honest; I don't even know what a .sawnd file is, what it does, or even what it contains. Is it just like a conglomerate of .wav files that replace all the sounds specified all at once? If so, then holy **** I should do that instead of individual .wav files

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Sawnd is the individual file inside of the brsar that contains all the sound files. Think of it like this as my analogy. "C:/Folder/Sound.wav" Whereas "smashbros_sound.brsar>Something.sawnd>sound.wav" Hope this helps.

Yes that'll help a lot more. Until then don't release a brsar until a lot of work is done since it's a lot larger than a sawnd, i.e. 50+% of character sounds done and 75+% or SFX done.

IMO SFX is my highest priority. Also SSBM announcer like calls would be awesome sauce!

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
In KittyCorp you can find packs with modifications of the SFX for Brawl:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=2350#Page=7&Order=Name ASC&Type=%SFX%

Concretely, I love the pack with the melee SFX for hits. It makes the game so much more enjoyable:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6fnhezdhcs4i7js

hopefully the final one. for NTSC-U brsars (probably others work too, but no warranties). includes punches, kicks, slashes, explosions, fiery hits, electrical hits and magic hits.

get newest Sawndz to insert.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Working on Fox ATM, will do more when i get home from work, then ill do falco

Quick question, do you think i should replace the noise that is made on their side b's to match melee's, or should i leave it as is

:phone:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Good point
MELEE IT IS
Although the best i can do is use the star noise from melee for the startup noise, and thats only so loud

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Melee everything for this pack, must become true to Melee. No seriously Melee SFX sounds better IMO. For some of the taunts though what are you going to do? Will you just make them say nothing or what? Since Falco in SSBM does not say anything unless if it's Japanese. As for the Announcer let's have someone else act, I just loves 64 and Melee's announcers too much so make it similar to one of the two, preferably Melee. Button presses sound effects did mines already.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
holy ****ing **** dude this stupid goddamn program HAS to be ****ing with me

i go to export a sawnd file A and everything works fine, it replaces the right folder and everything; so then i go to make sawnd B file for another character and go to test-replace that, but instead of doing the normal, LOGICAL thing to do and replace the correct character folder, it will pull sawnd file A out of ****ing nowhere EVEN IF I DELETED IT OFF THE COMPUTER and go ahead and replace character A with sawnd file A, as if sawnd file B and character B NEVER EXISTED.

and dont even try to make a backup sawnd file for one character, because that wont even work; i was test-replacing falcos voice onto my main .brsar, so logically i made a back-up of the voice i had for him originally (you would think it would contain the voice in there) and then after that, i get the melee falco sawnd file to go over the old falco folder. works fine yada yada melee falco mission comprete, so then i take the old sawnd file to re-replace the melee falco voice in there

guess what, IT DIDNT ****ING WORK. instead, this stupid program THINKS THAT THE ORIGINAL SAWND FILE I REPLACED -WAS- THE MELEE FALCO VOICE, AND NOW THE OLD SAWND FILE IS LOST FOREVER

this program is driving me to the brink of insanity, and i just needed to vent this stupid bull**** that is occuring so i dont have an aneurysm. im gonna stop working on this sound file stuff right the hell now, so sorry guys, no update today

tl;dr: rage

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
holy ****ing **** dude this stupid goddamn program HAS to be ****ing with me

i go to export a sawnd file A and everything works fine, it replaces the right folder and everything; so then i go to make sawnd B file for another character and go to test-replace that, but instead of doing the normal, LOGICAL thing to do and replace the correct character folder, it will pull sawnd file A out of ****ing nowhere EVEN IF I DELETED IT OFF THE COMPUTER and go ahead and replace character A with sawnd file A, as if sawnd file B and character B NEVER EXISTED.

and dont even try to make a backup sawnd file for one character, because that wont even work; i was test-replacing falcos voice onto my main .brsar, so logically i made a back-up of the voice i had for him originally (you would think it would contain the voice in there) and then after that, i get the melee falco sawnd file to go over the old falco folder. works fine yada yada melee falco mission comprete, so then i take the old sawnd file to re-replace the melee falco voice in there

guess what, IT DIDNT ****ING WORK. instead, this stupid program THINKS THAT THE ORIGINAL SAWND FILE I REPLACED -WAS- THE MELEE FALCO VOICE, AND NOW THE OLD SAWND FILE IS LOST FOREVER

this program is driving me to the brink of insanity, and i just needed to vent this stupid bull**** that is occuring so i dont have an aneurysm. im gonna stop working on this sound file stuff right the hell now, so sorry guys, no update today
Sorry to hear that. :(
Well for every day that it's good, I just make a backup copy and then work on the main file. After I'm done I would back the newest one up and upload or delete the older one. That's just a tip so it doesn't happen again.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Its cool though; its not like melee falco is bad, i was just super frustrated yesterday

Melee falco/fox are p much complete, so ill release them when i get home

Like I said, when I get home, so here you gooooo
[COLLAPSE="Melee Fox"]Download[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Melee Falco]Download[/collapse]
OP updated!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
by any chance would you be able to rip JP pokemon pokemon trainer and by pokemon trainer i mean Squirtle and the others voices?

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Now I already have a bsrar with Melee SFXs. I'm really new to this.

how would i go about adding these sfx.
There are instructions in the "readme" for each download, but because I'm not an ******* I'll tell you here.
-------------------------------------------------
Obviously, each different section of the .brsar houses individual sounds, from common menu clicks to boss death noises. Each of these sections have a Group ID # that is assigned to certain actions in the game so the game will know where to draw sounds for a particular thing (characters for example). Each character has their own unique Group ID # that you either find out by Googling or using Smashbox (not Brawlbox; Smashbox was it's old name and you could use it to see what the Group ID # was for something). Each of these Group ID #'s are listed in a hexadecimal format, so expect to see stuff like 1C or 2E for Group ID's (this is why Super Sawndz is inadvisable to finding out ID numbers because it doesn't list them in hexadecimal, but I digress).

I'll list all the important Group ID's here;
[collapse=Group ID numbers]7 = Common sounds (Menu, crowd, punch sound effects, etc.)
8 = Mario
9 = Link
A = Pit
B = Meta Knight
C = King DeDeDe
D = Donkey Kong
E = Samus
F = Yoshi
10 = Kirby
11 = Fox
12 = Pikachu
13 = Luigi
14 = Captain Falcon
15 = Ness
16 = Bowser
17 = Peach
18 = Zelda/Shiek
19 = Ice Climbers
1A = Marth
1B = Mr. Game & Watch
1C = Falco
1D = Ganondorf
1E = Wario
1F = Olimar
20 = Lucas
21 = Diddy Kong
22 = Pokemon Trainer (the dude who throws the pokeballs, not the actual pokemon themselves)
23 = Charizard
24 = Squirtle
25 = Ivysaur
26 = Lucario
27 = Ike
28 = ROB
29 = Jigglypuff
2A = Toon Link
2B = Wolf
2C = Snake
2D = Sonic[/collapse]
Each of these Group ID's have both a voice tree and a sound effects tree. These two different trees are referred to as a [/b]Collection ID.[/b] Once again, you can find out what these are by using Smashbox or Google (no way in hell am I listing them all, that's WAY too much poop).

Now to get to the actual point, you're going to need the proper Group ID and Collection ID. We'll use Captain Falcon as our example (falcon is cool okay screw you). Now if you are using Sawndz 0.12 (super sawndz is betr), you just need to input the proper Group ID and Collection ID in the boxes so the program knows where it will overwrite stuff. In this case, Falcon's information is GROUP ID; 14 and COLLECTION ID; 88 (this is where his voice files are at). Of course, we can't just start replacing WAV files blindly can we? That'd be a complete mess. To find out the proper files to replace, open up Brawlbox or Smashbox (doesn't matter at this point), and navigate to Falcon's sound tree.

Let me get this dumb part out of the way first; If your operating system is not Windows XP, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PREVIEW SOUNDS IN BRAWLBOX/SMASHBOX. Thankfully, Super Sawndz will let you preview sounds for us Windows 7 users, so there IS hope if you don't have Windows XP. Super Sawndz doesn't tell you what context the sound plays in unlike Brawlbox does, but I'll get to that later.

Aaaaaaanyway, all you need to do is use Brawl/Smashbox to preview the WAV files (click on the play button when over a file) so you know which ones are being replaced. Let's replace Falcon's "PAAAWWWNNCHH" voice as an example. The WAV ID for this file is 1, (since the program starts counting from 0 instead of 1); that means you would input "1" in the WAV ID box back in Sawndz 0.12. This officially completes the whole "telling of the program what to replace thing," so just click on "Insert." Once you do that, a window will pop up; this window will let you select a WAV file of your choice (has to be WAV format) that the program will replace "PAAAWWWNNCHH" with. It could be Crazy Frog for all I'd care; it's your .brsar, but if you're replacing it with Crazy Frog you might need someone to smack you VERY hard. Anyway, once you select the WAV file of your choice, the program will do its magic and BOOM! The sound is now replaced. Rinse and repeat for everything else.

Super Sawndz in the end is better to use than Sawndz 0.12, because not only does it let you preview sounds within itself, but it also lets you replace them there too. Unfortunately, it WILL NOT tell you what context the sound plays in unlike what Brawlbox (not Smashbox in this case) does for you, so you will have to use the two in conjunction if you want accurate sound replacing. Regardless of this fact, all you need to do in order to overwrite stuff with Super Sawndz is to find the file you want to replace, click on the ellipsis button (...), select your magical WAV file, and click "Insert." YOU DONE SON

Now regarding Super Sawndz and Brawlbox cooperation on Windows 7, it gets a little trickier to get accurate sound replacing. I'll use Falcon as an example again, because he is the most screwed up in this regard. Brawlbox is not compatible with Windows 7 if you do not already know that. It still works in basically every area it needs to, EXCEPT for sound replacing. THAT is where it runs into problems. It does not let you preview sounds, you can't see the length of the WAVs, and it EVEN HAS JUNK WAV FILES THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST! Falcon's star scream (when he dies off the top), for example, is listed as WAV ID 17 in Super Sawndz, but in Brawlbox, it is listed as WAV ID 61! So in the end, you are basically going to have to do some matching **** and subtraction so you can figure out what the proper names for the WAV files are. E.g., Brawlbox ID for Falcon's star scream (oh and by the way, "hoshikie" is what the star screams are named as) is 61, but in Super Sawndz it is 17, so 61 - 17 = 44, so that would mean Brawlbox is listing Falcon's ID's 44 higher than they really are. Once you figure out Brawlbox's listing anomalies, just double-check to make sure that the math is matching up right. Sometimes Brawlbox will list everything correctly though (as is the case with Fox), so this dumb junk may not even be neccessary, but it's worth noting.

well **** that was a lot; that was probably way more than you were asking for lol

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
But project m Shiek is already melee shiek for the most part

Unless im missing something

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
HELLO EVERYONE

I have a new update to bring to you; it's incomplete but I figured I'd let you guys take a stab at it so I don't starve this thread of updates.

I bring you...

[collapse=Melee SFX v.0.2!]Download[/collapse]

Comes with;
Melee Crowd, brought back down to reasonable volume levels (well almost) so they don't eat your speakers whenever you do something, JUST LIKE MELEE

Melee Hit SFX; a majority of you probably already have this pack, but I figured I'd include it anyway. All the powerful punches, slaps, and sword sounds from Melee, all included right here. no melee swing sounds yet

Melee Death; now we can all enjoy the classic death noise from Melee whenever someone is booted off the screen.

Menu sounds!; Everyone will think you're playing Melee when you get these in.

HAVE AT EM GUYS

AgentSyrup

Smash Rookie
I love this, though I do hope you update soon. Brawl swing sounds and Melee hit sounds don't go well together.

Also so I noticed when I put in Melee hit sounds Ness's back air has a low rummbling sound effect when it should be a zapping noise. Did I do mix up some of the sounds? And how would I fix this?

koolmike96

Smash Rookie
hey, is it possible to get the sound effects for Roy? there's a download out there for Roy to replace Marth so i figured it'd be awesome to have the right voice to go with it.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Sorry about the lack of updates lately; I've been busy with work and school and haven't had a whole lot of time to myself. I've finally gotten around to it and have updated all previous character files with .sawnd files and appropriate readmes (unless stated otherwise those are the only differences for the packs), and I've even thrown in a little project of my own I've been screwing with...

[collapse=Improved Luigi!]Download[/collapse]

Now what do I mean by improved? It's exactly what it says on the tin; I've taken voice samples of Luigi from his various games and have conglomerated them into one sound folder, and as a result I have made him sound less like a weird Michael Jackson impersonation and more like LUIGI who is more than willing to tear you a new asshole.

This Improved Luigi is a WIP, so I am willing to accept suggestions/additions as to what should go where. For example, if you hear a sound Luigi makes that would be absolutely perfect for his entry voice, feel free to drop a post in here sharing your thoughts.

Melee Mario is currently in the works right now; he will be the next one to make it on the download list, so keep an eye on this thread!

Enjoy!

hey, is it possible to get the sound effects for Roy? there's a download out there for Roy to replace Marth so i figured it'd be awesome to have the right voice to go with it.
It is entirely possible for me to do, although it would be a little difficult to do since I do not have a "Roy->Marth" skin, so I can't do in-game testing. Definitely feasible though!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Curious to see the selection for voice clips on Luigi. I saw a Melee hack that changed Luigi to actual voice clips of his, but they didn't match up well. Hoping these are good.

Top Bottom