• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Select Screen (somewhat interactive... 56k be warned)

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not really sure if this is worth a thread... but since I haven't seen much like it yet, and since it additionally cost me some time:

Character Select Screen

This is a little piece of html I started working on some time ago, and recently picked (that's why there are still so many bugs in it to squish *sighs*).

Sadly the momentary version only fully functions for firefox (that's what you get for not being standard...). Maybe I'll make a IE version once this version is finished.

Anyhow, graphics are quite awful in the moment (I plan only gradually improving everything). If someone would be interested in triming some images for me, I'd feel very delighted.

Well... I just let things stand like that for a while. You can regard this as my little (feels stupid and arrogant for that comment :( ) contribution towards the Brawl boards.

I'll try and react to comments (and especially constructive critique), but I'm quite slow... so be patient.

Oh, I don't want to forget to give tribute to JoshCube and Alanbates for their influence on the concept. (and mostly providing jpg and png material ;) )

The next function I plan on adding is a clone selection function... I just need more pictures and time... (but I already implemented something like that... quite some time ago, I just need to reimplement the code).

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
sorry, maybe it's just me, but that wasn't worth seeing. needs work.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, nice idea. You don't have to be so humble about it.

The X function didn't seem to work for me...

My biggest criticism is the lack of Young Link.
Which is my biggest criticism of most rosters here.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I like the ability to click on some and go to their topics. Though for a lot of them, you need better pictures. Either to bluured or pixely around the edges.

And Samurai Goroh's got a black background while the rest have white.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Well thanks for the comments, I'd tried to work with them a bit. I found a way to clean pictures a bit better... (I'm a graphics noob... but I learn). Well, I tried to whip the pictures up to a degree, that you can at least look at the screen without running away in horror ;) (things really didn't look pretty at all before... now it's acceptable (without investing too much more work)).

I reimplemented the clone function (with the x button)... but it's not particularly great yet. You can see how it works in principle by pressing x on Mario, Link, Roy or Pikachu (or pressing x when they're selected)
How would it be if the links on the character face changed if you were looking at a clone? That could be tough to implement... but I like program challenges (not graphical ones).

As to bugs: What bugs have you seen yet? Well except ugly pics... those aren't really bugs in a standard sense. Remember: I can't garantie that anything will work if Internet Explorer is your browser (I might get to that sometime... but first things first). Right now things only work correctly for Firefox.

Again, if someone wants to render some pics for me (either character bodies or heads), just say so, then I can give you the measures.

For the next screen, expect to see a few more clones (plus doubled loading time! :psycho: )

edit: well, here's a preview of things to come: http://n.ethz.ch/student/ridayc/tempfiles/SelectScreen7.html

Top Bottom