• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character select screen freeze 3.6 beta

tragicbike

Smash Rookie
The character select screen froze when I selected Roy as the feminine sounding new announcer was finishing saying Jigglypuff. Auto L-cancel was also on and the game before was Gigabowser vs Warioman.
Found in 3.6 beta
Played on wii
Loaded off disk with SD card

Last edited:

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
This also happened to me, except I don't think auto-Lcancel was on, and I didn't play as Gigabowser/Warioman before. It just... froze. I do the Hackless Wii w/ SD card method.

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
If you use custom content then your reports aren't valid.
I think he was just dissing the new anouncer. Anyways, I don't have any custom content, but still got the bug.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

his post doesnt mention custom content (that said, it doesnt mention much at all)

i think he was just being a **** about the new announcer.

@ tragicbike tragicbike , please read the sticky, give more details and try to reproduce.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
My bad, T thought he meant that he replaced it with some "Feminine Announcer" mod or whatever.

Did it only freeze with Roy?

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
I just tried to start 3.6 beta for the first time and it froze at the character select screen. I was just cycling through each character's costumes by the just hovering over each and not actually selecting the character. The game froze on Zelda's red recolor. Unlike most freezes, the menu music contiued but the game was frozen otherwise. The only other thing I did was switch the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 beforehand. I will try to replicate the freeze again.

Oh and this was on a Wii using hackless method from the non-mediafire download.

EDIT: It worked fine for a while but it froze again, this time at the victory screen after a match on New Pork City between Lucario and Captain Falcon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom