• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rivalries for my Roster

Who do you like better?

• Total voters

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
I liked the idea of character rivalries. So I would like it if you people of the internet could help come up with ideas for my roster's character rivalries.
Rules:
1 The characters must not be from the same franchise. I just feel that it adds a shock value to it.
2 Each character cannot be used more than once. It's okay if you post an idea for a character rivalry if a character has been used before because I might like it better.
3 Miis don't have character rivalries. It will just be that they come across another mii that they fight against.

Unused Characters:
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
DK
Diddy
K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Palutena
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
C. Falcon
Black Shadow
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Ness
Lucas
Isaac
T-Rex
Dillon
Mr. G and W
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man

Current Rivalries:
Luigi VS Zoroark Stage: Lostlorn Forest
Why: Luigi is easily scared so Zoroark would disgiuse as a ghost Pokemon like Dusknoir for amusement.
Dialouge:
Luigi: I can't navigate through this forest. I'm SCAAAAAARRRED!
Zoroark (Disguised as Dusknoir): DUSKNOIR!!!!!!!!!!
Luigi: AHHHHHHHHHHHH! GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE GOOOOOOOOOOTTTAAAA RUUUUUUUUN FROM THE GHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luigi: I'm cornered! I should fight the GHHHOSSST! (Shoots Fireball)
Zoroark (Revealing it's identity): ZOROARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luigi: It's not a ghost. I might be able to win!

Pikachu VS Isaac Stage: Pokémon Stadium
Why: In the Pokémon games, ground is strong against electric and Isaac has earth based attacks.
Dialogue:
Isaac: This is a Pikachu! I heard that they're very dangerous.
Pikachu: Pika?
Isaac: Pikachu, a wild defeat for you has just appeared!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well since you kindly asked me to take a look at your thread I guess I'll have a peek.

So you want us to suggest "rivalries" by using the list of character's you've given huh?

Well the ones I "personally" like are Mallo and the Ice Climber's, Layton and Wario, and I guess Lip and Olimar. But since Mallo, Layton and Lip aren't on your list I suppose they don't count then huh? ^^;

Well I honestly don't know but from your list, I guess I'd go for Megaman and Ray MK III.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Well since you kindly asked me to take a look at your thread I guess I'll have a peek.

So you want us to suggest "rivalries" by using the list of character's you've given huh?

Well the ones I "personally" like are Mallo and the Ice Climber's, Layton and Wario, and I guess Lip and Olimar. But since Mallo, Layton and Lip aren't on your list I suppose they don't count then huh? ^^;

Well I honestly don't know but from your list, I guess I'd go for R.O.B. and Ray MK III.
I already have a Square Representative. (I still prefer Slime!) I also did not really like Mallow to begin with. He was pretty much useless in battle. I would prefer to see him as an Assist Trophy. Lip is an obscure character and hard to come with a moveset with. R.O.B really didn't feel like he was represented anymore besides Easter Eggs. I was going to put Layton in my roster but I couldn't come up with a moveset. If i did get a moveset, I'd replace Ice Climbers with him.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I already have a Square Representative. (I still prefer Slime!) I also did not really like Mallow to begin with. He was pretty much useless in battle. I would prefer to see him as an Assist Trophy. Lip is an obscure character and hard to come with a moveset with. R.O.B really didn't feel like he was represented anymore besides Easter Eggs. I was going to put Layton in my roster but I couldn't come up with a moveset. If i did get a moveset, I'd replace Ice Climbers with him.
No no not Mallow from Super Mario RPG. Mallo from the Pushmo/Pullblox series, It's a different character. :p

As for Lip, you can check out the Lip support thread, I believe they've made a pretty good moveset for her if you'd like to take a look --> http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...ranslation-on-sakurais-thoughts-added.324269/

And if you want a moveset for Layton, you can always check out the support thread I've made for him. --> http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...n-professor-layton-for-smash-4-update.324333/

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Oh thanks, I heard of Pushmo but never got the opportunity to play it.
I'll check out the links.
I just checked them out. I like Layton's moveset so I'll make the change. Also, I'm pretty sure that Layton is a first party character. If he was a third party character, I couldn't put him in because I put in the Popular Third Party Characters that often appeared on rosters that I actually felt would work and have a good chance. (I'm looking at you, Geno!) Lip never really had a real fight. It was like Tetris type matches. I'm not against characters that never fought. I just think that it wouldn't be easy to make a GOOD moveset, (C. Falcon is in my line of sight.) If Panel de Pon got a sequel I might consider it and a rehash doesn't count as a sequel.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You're welcome. It's an eShop game for the 3DS and it has another sequel called Fallblox/Crashmo. If you have a 3DS I'd definitely recommend you to try it out. ^_^

Sure. :)

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Mallo might be hard to do. I use the SSB4 Roster Maker. My only custom thing was Eevee Hero but I didn't have to do the text and I really don't like doing the text.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh thanks, I heard of Pushmo but never got the opportunity to play it.
I'll check out the links.
I just checked them out. I like Layton's moveset so I'll make the change. Also, I'm pretty sure that Layton is a first party character. If he was a third party character, I couldn't put him in because I put in the Popular Third Party Characters that often appeared on rosters that I actually felt would work and have a good chance. (I'm looking at you, Geno!) Lip never really had a real fight. It was like Tetris type matches. I'm not against characters that never fought. I just think that it wouldn't be easy to make a GOOD moveset, (C. Falcon is in my line of sight.) If Panel de Pon got a sequel I might consider it and a rehash doesn't count as a sequel.
Oh, they didn't add Mallo yet within the roster maker? Well they might do in their possible next update or you should just ask them if you want them to include him. ^_^

Nope, Layton is Third Party, he belong's to Level-5 which is a Third Party company. You need to remember though that not all character's make it into smash with popularity alone, sure it's a big factor but there are of course a number who made it in by developer request themselves. Snake is an example of this and I believe the Pokemon cast are also mostly dependent on Gamefreak's decisions of what pokemon they want to see if I remember correctly, of course the anime is also involved but Gamefreak is still involved. Layton may not have the popularity that Megaman has, his creator still is interested in him and I've heard from some of the member's here that he's also good friends with Sakurai like Kojima was so you never know. That's just my two cents.

Well with Lip I don't really have much to comment by, all I can say that some of the other already playable character's never fought much either in their series yet still made it in so the possibility is still there for her. But that's just my opinion.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
I also did a post on the Eevee hero from pokemon conquest. There's a lot of posts because I made an error. Just do the most recent one if you're interested.

Oh, they didn't add Mallo yet within the roster maker? Well they might do in their possible next update or you should just ask them if you want them to include him. ^_^

Nope, Layton is Third Party, he belong's to Level-5 which is a Third Party company. You need to remember though that not all character's make it into smash with popularity alone, sure it's a big factor but there are of course a number who made it in by developer request themselves. Snake is an example of this and I believe the Pokemon cast are also mostly dependent on Gamefreak's decisions of what pokemon they want to see if I remember correctly, of course the anime is also involved but Gamefreak is still involved. Layton may not have the popularity that Megaman has, his creator still is interested in him and I've heard from some of the member's here that he's also good friends with Sakurai like Kojima was so you never know. That's just my two cents.

Well with Lip I don't really have much to comment by, all I can say that some of the other already playable character's never fought much either in their series yet still made it in so the possibility is still there for her. But that's just my opinion.
I know other characters haven't fought but I think that the moveset would work better if the character has had combat experience. Captain Falcon who is the only character of this catagory that I could think of is a Bounty Hunter so you'd expect him to have some combat experience.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
As an alternate to this idea....

Inter series Allies = "Ghostbusters"
Luigi and Pac man
Why: Both have a vendetta against ghosts while doing alot of running away from them as well as fighting and defeating them in their respective series'.

Enemies could be Zoroark and/or Game and watch as both have ways of appearing very ghost like.

Ones that really go without saying based on feeling threatened by a similar presence:

Mario vs Sonic (Nintendo vs Sega icons)
Ridley vs Charizard (Greatest flying fire breathing dragon...)
Samus vs Megaman (Greatest space suite.)
Zelda vs Palutena (Greatest mystical princess)
Link vs Pit (Greatest sword and bow wielding adventurer)
Cloud vs Shulk (Best sword?)

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
As an alternate to this idea....

Inter series Allies = "Ghostbusters"
Luigi and Pac man
Why: Both have a vendetta against ghosts while doing alot of running away from them as well as fighting and defeating them in their respective series'.

Enemies could be Zoroark and/or Game and watch as both have ways of appearing very ghost like.

Ones that really go without saying based on feeling threatened by a similar presence:

Mario vs Sonic (Nintendo vs Sega icons)
Ridley vs Charizard (Greatest flying fire breathing dragon...)
Samus vs Megaman (Greatest space suite.)
Zelda vs Palutena (Greatest mystical princess)
Link vs Pit (Greatest sword and bow wielding adventurer)
Cloud vs Shulk (Best sword?)
I like how you're coming with ideas but could you please add dialouge and stages for the rivalries.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Bowser and King Dedede- reason both tyrants
Bowser: This is King Koopa territory, trespassers will be burnt Bwah-ha-ha-ha.
King Dedede: Waddle doos and dees invade their territory

Capt. Falcon and Ganondorf- reason same move-set
Ganondorf: Racer, you can't handle the power of the Gerudo tribe and the Tri-force of power
Capt. Falcon: Show your moves, Falcon PAWCH!

Link and Black Knight- (rather do dialogue later)

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Black Knight: You wish to participate in a battle with no purpose. Foolish elf.
Link: I"M NOT AN ELF!
Black Knight: See if you can beat me, elf boy!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A better Link vs. the Black Knight dialogue:

*Link is walking in the middle of a forest with a fairy*
*Black Knight warps in using warp powder, startling Link and the fairy*
Black Knight: I heard you are a legendary hero and a master in swordsmanship...
Link: ...!
Black Knight: Hm? You're not one to talk much, yes? Very well... let us speak with our blades. Don't hold back!
*Both characters draw their blades and prepare to fight*

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I got a good one, Mega Man and Masked Man.
"The Masked Man walks through a dark corrider, when suddenly a Mega Buster Blast almost hits him."
"The two have their Arms cannons face to face"
Mega Man-Am I seeing Double?!
Masked Man-You won't in a minute...
"the masked man gets out his blade and a battle is asured."

Top Bottom