• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Requests Are No Longer Being Taken, Content Currently Being Integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A more fitting question would be why we pretend that characters' chances can still go up or down when the roster is done and has been for months. Everything we're discussing is either in the game or it's not, and the best we can do is predict its odds based on historically-important criteria.

As far as threads go, they're mainly a blend of discussion and optimistic anticipation. Except, of course, some threads that are just nefarious churches, devouring all who speak out against them so that they don't...influence an already-finished roster. Yeah.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I honestly thought that request-taking had ended months ago. Which begs the question, why are people on Miiverse still begging for particular characters?

Anyway. Hope we start getting some reveals soon. I'm not even really asking for newcomer reveals, just something besides those still photos.

To be honest, this is making me a bit nervous about Sonic and Snake returning. Apparently, Sonic is not yet included in the game. This interview with Takashi Iizuka implies that Nintendo has not approached Sega about bringing back Sonic:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/25/new-iizuka-interview-reveals-new-lost-world-details/

EDIT: The confirmation of requests being closed also pretty much destroys the chances of a Wonderful 101 rep being playable. It also ruins the chances of Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei affecting the Fire Emblem characters chosen for SSB4.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly thought that request-taking had ended months ago. Which begs the question, why are people on Miiverse still begging for particular characters?

Anyway. Hope we start getting some reveals soon. I'm not even really asking for newcomer reveals, just something besides those still photos.

To be honest, this is making me a bit nervous about Sonic and Snake returning. Apparently, Sonic is not yet included in the game. This interview with Takashi Iizuka implies that Nintendo has not approached Sega about bringing back Sonic:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/25/new-iizuka-interview-reveals-new-lost-world-details/

EDIT: The confirmation of requests being closed also pretty much destroys the chances of a Wonderful 101 rep being playable. It also ruins the chances of Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei affecting the Fire Emblem characters chosen for SSB4.
Not to mention that Dixie Kong's chances aren't affected by her playable appearance in Tropical Freeze too. And yeah, I'm worried about Sonic and Snake too now, while I do think Mega Man is a better fit than both I still think they both fit really well at the same time. It also seems to make no sense to cut Sonic when demand for him was so enormous.

Anyways, the roster haven't been finished, but the priority of characters is definitely finished. They always have to prioritize some characters over others, which is why we didn't see the Forbidden Seven in Brawl and Dedede in Melee, they were underprioritized. As Sakurai says, they'll try to include as many characters as possible, I expect a couple of veterans, namely Toon Link, Lucario, Lucas, Ike and maybe even R.O.B to be at the end of the list.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Not to mention that Dixie Kong's chances aren't affected by her playable appearance in Tropical Freeze too. And yeah, I'm worried about Sonic and Snake too now, while I do think Mega Man is a better fit than both I still think they both fit really well at the same time. It also seems to make no sense to cut Sonic when demand for him was so enormous.

Anyways, the roster haven't been finished, but the priority of characters is definitely finished. They always have to prioritize some characters over others, which is why we didn't see the Forbidden Seven in Brawl and Dedede in Melee, they were underprioritized. As Sakurai says, they'll try to include as many characters as possible, I expect a couple of veterans, namely Toon Link, Lucario, Lucas, Ike and maybe even R.O.B to be at the end of the list.
Oh hey, I didn't think about Dixie in Tropical Freeze being null! That's a plus for me since I want K. Rool more, but I of course feel bad for Dixie's fans out there :(

Good point about the priority being finished. I expect Toon Link and Lucario to be cut completely. Ike and Lucas are kind of hanging by a thread. I don't see much reason to cut R.O.B. though, seeing as he does have a fanbase and has established his fighting style into Smash.

Overall, I think that you're right about most of the characters you listed to be at the end. I'm pretty sure Toon Link's already completely deconfirmed though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not many realize that these requests are not being taken anymore. Either that, or they are really desperate to get their message across regardless on what happens.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Oh my God. It is really hard to reply on mobile without screwing up. Anyways, I feel that what sakurai said was translated wrong. I feel like he meant that the roster isn't finalized, but he is done picking new characters. Just my opinion.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Considering the Forbidden Seven in Brawl, it seems plausible he has finalized the list of characters he would like to include but the final number could end up lower depending on how development goes. To that end, Miiverse requests might swing a character that's in the running but is of low priority to be made over other low priority characters. Unlikely, but plausible.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I think the way he worded it was to not make any news. If he had said anything else, it would have basically confirmed Sonic. I think Iizuka was also making sure the focus stays on the Lost World. I imagine there are very few people who know that Sonic is in the game within Sega, unless they felt they had to collaborate with designs.

Generally game released long after the start of development cycle are not considered. There are exceptions (like Roy) but the last two iterations of Smash more or less represented the late N64 (GBC) and Gamecube (GBA and early DS) generations respectively. So this one will be based on the Wii and DS generation, with maybe a little early 3DS since development started after Kid Icarus Uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom