• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Requests Are No Longer Being Taken, Content Currently Being Integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
French Interview translated via Google Translate

PN: You get a lot of requests for new characters, and from fans and even developers. Do you consider these requests, or do you prefer to keep your vision intact game, and so keep the balance sought by not taking into account these suggestions?

Sakurai: Well, I would indeed account requests from fans. But the phase in which I collect this kind of information is already completed, and we are currently working to integrate this content in. We always try to incorporate as much content in our program.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's good to hear that we got a confirmation of the roster being finalized. Now all we need to do is just wait and see who made it in.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I can't help but think that the games shown at E3 were too little, too late to get characters from them into Smash.

Like Brawl was developed alongside Mario Galaxy, but Mario Galaxy got nothing in Brawl.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can't help but think that the games shown at E3 were too little, too late to get characters from them into Smash.

Like Brawl was developed alongside Mario Galaxy, but Mario Galaxy got nothing in Brawl.

Well it did get a mention in the Chronicles but yeah, I get what you mean.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Poor Dixie. Looks like she's going to have to compete with K. Rool on her own merits now. (Which are great for both of them). At least this'll put a stop to those "Tropical Freeze means no K. Rool!" people. Seriously.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Damn it, I was going to copy this over from GameFAQs and drop it as a bombshell during K. Rool's Rate Their Chances day tomorrow... :mad:

It's still entirely refreshing to hear, and having it spoken from Word of God will hopefully put a stop to users speculating as though characters can be added/dropped right up until the game goes gold.

nessokman

Smash Lord

Roy's game had not been released when melee came out, your arguement is invalid, nintendo probably notifies sakurai of these characters as it promotes new games. Mario Galaxy isn't a 1st party nintendo game i think....I believe it was made by another group

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Roy is the exception, not the rule.

And yeah, it is possible for things to change, like how they added Sonic in the same year that development finished.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. The moment is at hand!

Now we play the waiting game....

I suppose its possible for a character to be added if they reach Sonic popularity, but the only character I could see getting anywhere near that is Megaman and he's already in. I guess Mewtwo might be able to do that as well but.....

Roy's game had not been released when melee came out, your arguement is invalid, nintendo probably notifies sakurai of these characters as it promotes new games. Mario Galaxy isn't a 1st party nintendo game i think....I believe it was made by another group
Both Galaxy games are first party.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Depends on how long the games have been in development for, probably. We know that Smash has included a character from an unreleased game at least once before.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Thats my fav song xD.
Also yh he might just be saying that so PeePz jump of his penis for once...but eh...who knows....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I bet you most of his stuff is coming from past character ideas, and Brawl era requests

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's good to hear. But I'm not too surprised honestly. I suppose this could bode well for some characters. But it could mean that some newer characters might just get screwed over. I'm hoping that Sakurai implements some Assist Trophies into playable characters. *coughIsaacandlil'maccough*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's see if my Impa propoganda was enough to be heard by the bigger ups...

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Wait sakurai actually done requests?

I'm glad to hear the rosters been finalized, one thing I've always hated about the series was the half-way cuts, and half baked addons the series had...

Hong

The Strongest
As if anything on this forum is ever relayed to the development team.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
B-b-but I'm a very loud supporter :urg:

Am in total support of a Diddy Kong vs Entei Event Match.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well, one person being very vocal (and ironically discouraging support) is not exactly enough to consider the proposition of Impa.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Wait sakurai actually done requests?

I'm glad to hear the rosters been finalized, one thing I've always hated about the series was the half-way cuts, and half baked addons the series had...
Which are, ironically, both a response to fan out-cry for certain characters to be included, but not enough time to implement them properly. I imagine Brawl would've been a bit different had Sonic not been added in so late.

I had suspected that the roster was finalized sometime last year (likely during the planning stages of the game), so this is no surprise to me. The sooner the roster is finalized, the sooner the team can add them to the game, which means lower risk of characters getting cut during development.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I was always pretty sure they finialize the roster early because of course they have Story Mode to consider now. You need characters before you can write a story. I also don't think Sakurai adheres to requests all that much.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So why do we keep making threads on characters now if it is pointless?
Becuas,e aside from the already revealed charatcer, we still don't know which character have been picked. Which pretty much makes the argment "the roster has already been picked" invalid, as we don't knowall the character that have been picked. So we are basically trying to guess the character that have been picked. Fairly simple. o.o

Hong

The Strongest
Because people are ignorant.
Yeah, talking about our favourite Nintendo characters and franchises is totally ignorant.

Not really.

Yeah, some threads are basically churches where users are brainwashed into believing, for sure, with all their confidence, this or that character will appear in the game. But there are also threads that just adore the characters we love, and trying to envision how they can manifest within the game. In cases of the Fire Emblem or Legend of Zelda series threads, it is all about fans just being fans and having a good time. Far from ignorance.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah, talking about our favourite Nintendo characters and franchises is totally ignorant.

Not really.

Yeah, some threads are basically churches where users are brainwashed into believing, for sure, with all their confidence, this or that character will appear in the game. But there are also threads that just adore the characters we love, and trying to envision how they can manifest within the game. In cases of the Fire Emblem or Legend of Zelda series threads, it is all about fans just being fans and having a good time. Far from ignorance.
Lmfaooo your a sick man - RealTalk though.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
So why do we keep making threads on characters now if it is pointless?
Because convincing Sakurai and company was never really the point. There's not really a chance that Sakurai peruses the internet, looking for characters to add. The only thing we all agree on is that Sakurai is the type of artist who just does his own thing. He looks at the Smash fanbase in total, and the one with the intensity to contact the team through other means.

It's not ignorance. Speculating is just really fun, and I would hope most of us realize that it doesn't have a large impact on the final product. But, that doesn't make it pointless. It has the same amount of purpose as posting on any other thread in a fan forum on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom