• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character problems...

Heilige Kip

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

The biggest problem I have is that my mains change to much each game.
I used to main ganondorf and young link in melee. Ganondorf changed to much and young link was replaced by toon link..
Alright, i have to accept that. In brawl in main falco and play with zzs and ness. I used to think i was decent.
Defeated all my friends and such.
But in Sm4sh I have to same problems.. My mains doesnt seem to do the trick anymore...
I thought I could go with peach, but i get wrecked online. Same goes for every other character...
Maybe i wasnt that good at all :p
You all got some tips how to find a new character?

Thnx,

Heilige Kip

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh boy. I didn't think I'd get so much mileage out of this innocuous throwaway comment, but...

You don't choose your main, your main chooses you.

Don't think about it too much. Don't fret if you're not doing the best you could be doing or you feel like you've lost the edge with your favourite characters. Learn to play as them for what they are, not what they were. If that doesn't work, consider playing other characters and just find what you like best.

If you're taking online results to be indicative of your proficiency with a character, then I'd suggest reassessing your priorities. Online results do not determine how good you are or how well you can play your character - it just means other players may or may not possess superior technical skills and mechanical mastery than you do. Just play whomever you want to play and play them consistently and capably. You'll learn new things about them as you play, bettering yourself in the process. When you feel like you're good and ready, then you can go online - but remember that online is a very different animal than people you may play in person or against the CPU, so don't let that get you down and keep on keeping on all the sme.

By the way, these kinds of thread seem to pop up a lot, so maybe you'd be better off posting in such a thread next time? Not being harsh or anything, but it's best to look around and see what else is going on rather than giving the mods more work to do. ;P

At any rate, I hope that helps. Good luck in future! ^_^

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
Yust try till you find one that really fits for you!
in the end you wil find a main.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Pick your favorite character and don't worry about how they control or play. It's easier and less stressful.

Top Bottom