• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Character Modifier for Player 5 and 6

Fangio

Smash Rookie
I use the 20XX Hack Pack.
Since there is only an option to take characters from other players in there, I was wondering if there could be a character modifier code to change Player 5 and 6 to a new character.
I haven't actually seen this code anywhere on the internet, so that's why I'm requesting this to the Melee workshop.
I'd like the code to be AR or be a Gecko code, please.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
In Vanilla Melee if you get the proper codes to enable 6-Player and the Debug Menu then you can set Players 5 and 6 to other characters.

However you can't in 20XXHP.

Fangio

Smash Rookie
In Vanilla Melee if you get the proper codes to enable 6-Player and the Debug Menu then you can set Players 5 and 6 to other characters.

However you can't in 20XXHP.
Yes, that is true. But I actually want to do it on the fly, not with the debug menu. It ties in with what I'm doing right now.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Even if you got a code to do it in 20XX, the best you would get is setting them before applying the code or in the debug menu, there's currently no way to get it in the Character Select Screen.

Fangio

Smash Rookie
Even if you got a code to do it in 20XX, the best you would get is setting them before applying the code or in the debug menu, there's currently no way to get it in the Character Select Screen.
The code I'm looking for replaces them in the actual stage, not the CSS.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Replying to this, i really doubt this would be possible, because you would need to load all characters into RAM, which can't be done with the Gamecube's limited RAM.

Fangio

Smash Rookie
Replying to this, i really doubt this would be possible, because you would need to load all characters into RAM, which can't be done with the Gamecube's limited RAM.
No, it's possible to load 6 characters with another cheat (If you load Zelda along with everyone else, the game crashes, so there's the limit), but I want a cheat that can change a character, specifically players 5 and 6. The code for players 1-4 already exist, I just want to find the RAM address for where players 5 and 6's character selection are contained.

I should also tell you that loading characters into RAM happens before the stage loads, so what I'm asking is possible.

What exactly do you think I'm trying to suggest?

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Don't even know, because the way you word it; "The code I'm looking for replaces them in the actual stage, not the CSS." made me think that you wanted to change them in the fly (as in, in-game). But i guess you mean on the SSS pressing something to change them? You should be more specific with this kind of requests as the coder might end up doing something completely different from what you wanted.

In fact, the first post was very ambigous as to what you wanted, "I was wondering if there could be some code to change Player 5 and 6 to a new character." Isn't telling me what you mean, it sounds more like you wanted a character modifier (eg. set some character ID in the code and those are the characters that will appear as p5 and p6) But anyways, the only way to do this is via vanilla's debug menu, so you should use that in the meantime.

Last edited:

Fangio

Smash Rookie
Don't even know, because the way you word it; "The code I'm looking for replaces them in the actual stage, not the CSS." made me think that you wanted to change them in the fly (as in, in-game). But i guess you mean on the SSS pressing something to change them? You should be more specific with this kind of requests as the coder might end up doing something completely different from what you wanted.

In fact, the first post was very ambigous as to what you wanted, "I was wondering if there could be some code to change Player 5 and 6 to a new character." Isn't telling me what you mean, it sounds more like you wanted a character modifier (eg. set some character ID in the code and those are the characters that will appear as p5 and p6) But anyways, the only way to do this is via vanilla's debug menu, so you should use that in the meantime.
Oh, ok. I mustn't have worded it properly.

Yes, I do want a character modifier.
I wanted the code to activate as soon as the stage loads, not anytime between the match.
As in the debug menu, but with a code instead.

How about I just change the original post a bit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom