• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Enjoyment Tier Lists

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
About 4 years ago, I made a thread on this for smash 4. Now, (almost) 4 years later, and there is a new smash game, and I figured I'd make a thread for it for this game too. Basically, an enjoyment tier list is just a list where you rank each character, not on how viable they are, but on how much you enjoy using them. These lists have nothing to do with viability, they're just how much you enjoy each character. Do note that you are not required to place every character if you're unsure about the middle areas.

Here's my current list:

1::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultinklingboy::ultmewtwo:
2::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultduckhunt::ultincineroar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman:
3::ultluigi::ulttoonlink::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultpichu::ultkingdedede::ultdiddy:
4::ultsonic::ultkrool::ultyounglink::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud::ultvillager:
5::ultrosalina::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultfalcon::ultmario::ultlucas::ultsheik:
6::ultbowserjr::ultwario::ultdk::ultpiranha::ultness::ultridley::ultganondorf:
7::ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultolimar::ultgnw::ultlink::ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultroy::ultchrom:
8::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultgreninja::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultbayonetta::ultike:
9::ultshulk::ultrob::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultzss::ultlittlemac::ultsimon::ultrichter:
10::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda::ultwiifittrainerm:
Can't stand playing as these::ultrobin::ultryu::ultken:

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Lol. I actually main Ryu and he (in my own opinion) is one of the most enjoyable characters. I always have a good time playing him since he is just so different. He relies on tech skill and has so many combos to his name. With such a large amount of tech, there’s so many possibilities and ways you can go about combos & mix ups. Unlike many other characters (and I’m not saying all. There’s lots of characters with much to explore) the shotos just don’t confine you into a box. They are like a form of art.

..and I like SF, so that might have something to do with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do not own a Switch and Ultimate yet, but here is mine nevertheless. It goes thusly...

xtrfgb.jpg

Sayonara :kirby:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
S- :ultridley::ultganondorf::ultbowser:
A-:ultrob::ultkrool::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultdk::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultinklingboy:
B-:ultolimar::ultvillagerf::ulttoonlink::ultgreninja::ultike::ulticeclimbers::ultpiranha::ultincineroar::ultgnw::ultbayonetta::ultlucas:
C-:ultiggy::ultcorrinf::ultlink::ultmiifighters::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultwolf:
D-:ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ultkirby::ultluigi::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultmario:
F-:ultzss::ultchrom::ultroy::ultsheik::ultdiddy::ultfox::ultduckhunt::ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultyounglink:
The tiers themselves aren't ordered completely (I enjoy Lucas way more than Olimar and ZSS way less than Chrom) but this is my general idea. I like the big heavy lads I gotta say, and the other A tiers are just fun for being villainous, big, or having a gimmick I enjoy messing around with like ROB's whacky moves or DK's dunks. Small,combo-based characters or most swordfighters Just don't do it for me personally. I like living forever and I like feeling like an individual move is that important as opposed to the myriad of blows other characters need for a similar result

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
For the first time in Smash, I fell in love with the heavy archetype, the following list are the characters that I use more often.

S - :ultridley::ultkrool::ultkingdedede:
A - :ultchrom::ulticeclimbers::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo:
B - :ultpeach::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultrichter:

C - Everyone else.

.n_n.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Play regularly:
SS - :ultlucas::ultisabelle::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
S - :ulticeclimbers::ultcorrin::ultmewtwo::ultrobin::ultness::ultzelda::ultpalutena:
A - :ultinklingboy::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarksamus::ultrichter:

Play often:
B - :ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultike::ultsnake::ultsimon:
C - :ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultkrool::ultfalcon::ultwiifittrainer:

Play occasionally:
D - :ultlink::ultcloud::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultroy::ultchrom::ultvillager:
E - :ulttoonlink::ultmario::ultdaisy::ultsamus::ultrob::ultridley::ultgreninja::ultwolf::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultken:

Don't play very much:
F - :ultpeach::ultpiranha::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpokemontrainer::ultbowser::ultzss::ultshulk::ultkingdedede::ultsonic::ultdarkpit::ultluigi:

Don't enjoy playing:
:ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultwario::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultdk::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultyoshi::ultryu::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Hmmm...
SS: :ultyounglink::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultjoker:
S: :ultbowser::ultroy::ultchrom::ultpokemontrainer::ulttoonlink::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultwolf:
A: :ultcloud::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultgreninja::ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ultdk::ultgnw::ultlink::ultrobin::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter:
B: :ultsnake::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultfalcon::ultzelda::ultcorrin::ultshulk::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultpacman::ultgunner:
C: :ultpalutena::ultyoshi::ultisabelle::ultwario::ultvillager::ultkrool::ultmewtwo::ultrob:
D: :ultwiifittrainer::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpikachu::ultpichu:
E: :ultzss::ultbayonetta::ultsonic::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultjigglypuff:
F: :ultlucario:

Truth be told, I enjoy playing as every character. The ones in E and F tier though are ones that I am simply trash with no matter how much I try. Love Lucario, but damn do I feel outta place playing as him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom