• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So even though I was being facetious (:troll:) about Tom Nook earlier, the idea I thought of made me want him. A lot. Just the idea of him running around with a huge bag of money to attack people sounds hilarious and trollish.

One of his attacks could be throwing down a furniture leaf and having it appear, so the timing might throw people off, similar to the tree growing out of the ground for Villager. Another move could be pushing or pulling the furniture, which could almost set up a trap moveset.

"You'll feel trapped by these great sales!" :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Captain Toad could just summon a platform for his USpecial or jumps.
So he basically comes up to you with his magic hovercraft and then punch you with turnips.

That'd be great.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We're still talking about Toad?

...cool. Imma go back to the social thread.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Still working on my roster. I want to have one ready by the time the next game is announced because I love to jump the gun.

I don't think it will be truly finalized until about 3-4 years from now when the next game's roster is decided, but I'm gonna keep making observations and hopefully make a roster that most people at least see the love in.

Even if it's got way too many variables and is way, way too good to be true.

I looked over the number of added/readded movesets again and both Brawl and Sm4sh actually added 19 each! It's just that three of Sm4sh's movesets are almost the exact same as their donors. I can see them pushing the roster limit again like Brawl, so I guess I'll go up to 15 characters total, 13 newcomers for my roster (adding two characters from my last draft) and continue being optimistic about few cuts. Which is way too optimistic, but I can live with that.

Here.

VETERANS

Wolf,
Ice Climbers

NEWCOMERS

Dixie Kong,
King K. Rool,
Pauline,
*gonna leave Ridley here juuuust in case he pulls an even more impressive Villager because people still aren't stopping with the requests*,
Isaac,
Choir Boys (or Marshal),
Inkling *untested, but we'll see*,
Simon Belmont,
(wild card),
(Mario rep left unspecified because any actual name will trigger mass rage),
(spot I'm deciding in the decision period mentioned above because otherwise it just isn't going to make sense),
(same as last entry),
(Gen 8 Pokemon)

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Still working on my roster. I want to have one ready by the time the next game is announced because I love to jump the gun.

I don't think it will be truly finalized until about 3-4 years from now when the next game's roster is decided, but I'm gonna keep making observations and hopefully make a roster that most people at least see the love in.

Even if it's got way too many variables and is way, way too good to be true.

I looked over the number of added/readded movesets again and both Brawl and Sm4sh actually added 19 each! It's just that three of Sm4sh's movesets are almost the exact same as their donors. I can see them pushing the roster limit again like Brawl, so I guess I'll go up to 15 characters total, 13 newcomers for my roster (adding two characters from my last draft) and continue being optimistic about few cuts. Which is way too optimistic, but I can live with that.

Here.

VETERANS

Wolf,
Ice Climbers

NEWCOMERS

Dixie Kong,
King K. Rool,
Pauline,
*gonna leave Ridley here juuuust in case he pulls an even more impressive Villager because people still aren't stopping with the requests*,
Isaac,
Choir Boys (or Marshal),
Inkling *untested, but we'll see*,
Simon Belmont,
(wild card),
(Mario rep left unspecified because any actual name will trigger mass rage),
(spot I'm deciding in the decision period mentioned above because otherwise it just isn't going to make sense),
(same as last entry),
(Gen 8 Pokemon)
Dixie and King K. Rool I agree with. However, would Pauline be a third DK rep because I was thinking if they did include her, she would be amazing. She could use the hammer, ladders, barrels, and mini Mario's o:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dixie and King K. Rool I agree with. However, would Pauline be a third DK rep because I was thinking if they did include her, she would be amazing. She could use the hammer, ladders, barrels, and mini Mario's o:
Yeah, she'd be a third DK. 3 at once might seem a bit much, but we need more than just DKC.

I started choosing her because of her being in the original DK and because I realized she could use those ladders. XD

And she could use her purse, too. Slap someone with that and they gonna have a baaaaaad time. XD

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Jumpman to get in with those moves.
And his mean looking, villainous cartoon design would make him stand-out from other characters.
But we need more characters who are female. So much so, we won't add any more villains. Only women.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

This design is different (and obviously different from Mario's design that we all recognize.) enough to make him stand-out.

But we need more characters who are female. So much so, we won't add any more villains. Only women.
Pauline doesn't seem like the best and strongest representative to represent Classic DK. Jumpman is a better choice to represent Classic DK IMO.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
If I could pick 15 characters that I know now to get into Smash 5 (returning characters included), I would choose:
King Boo
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Wolf
Krystal
Meowth
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Inkling
Excite Biker
Marshal
Takamaru
Dillon

Clone Characters (in case they do it again):
Daisy
Young Link
Alph

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

This design is different (and obviously different from Mario's design that we all recognize.) enough to make him stand-out.

Pauline doesn't seem like the best and strongest representative to represent Classic DK. Jumpman is a better choice to represent Classic DK IMO.
Here I thought you'd be in full support of Pauline since she appears in a new game that just came out.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I could pick 15 characters that I know now to get into Smash 5 (returning characters included), I would choose:
King Boo
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Wolf
Krystal
Meowth
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Inkling
Excite Biker
Marshal
Takamaru
Dillon

Daisy
Young Link
Alph
If I could choose 15 characters I know now to get into Smash 5, I would not choose any of them sacrifice them all to revive Ghirahim from the AT grave.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
King Boo
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Wolf
Krystal
Meowth
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Inkling
Excite Biker
Marshal
Takamaru
Dillon

Daisy
Young Link
Alph
Characters:

Wonder Red
Inkling
Ridley
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Tingle
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Tiki
Anna
Chorus Kids
Krystal
Wolf
Lucas
Professor Layton

Clones:

Isabelle
Louie
Waluigi

Yes. :3

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I dunno, seems a lot more like an alternate character for Mario, TBH. . .

But that's just me. You can prefer him as whatever. Embarrass

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I seriously got to pick fifteen newcomers for Smash 5 (irrelevant to Smash 4 and I don't think there will even be that many but whatever)

1 - Midna
2 - Captain Toad
3 - Excitebiker
4 - Inkling
5 - Dixie Kong
6 - Ghirahim
7 - Anna
8 - Ganon
9 - Wolf
10 - Snake
11 - Midna
12 - Midna
13 - Midna
14 - Midna
15 - Midna

Clones:

- Impa (to replace Sheik)
- Black Shadow (to inherit Ganondorf's moveset)
- Pichu

I don't really want 15 characters so I just replaced all the empty slots with the character I want the most. :chuckle:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ugh... More Jumpman nonsense... :facepalm:

Pauline is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Still a better choice than Jumpman (who's already in the game, anyway).

For a DK newcomer, either Dixie Kong or K. Rool will do, though I'd expect Dixie Kong first. Especially considering she was planned for Brawl and has more recent appearances.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

For a DK newcomer, either Dixie Kong or K. Rool will do, though I'd expect Dixie Kong first. Especially considering she was planned for Brawl and has more recent appearances.
Well a lot of veteran franchises for Smash were shafted this game, as we got plenty of new miscellaneous characters, two new FE, two new Mario, two new KI, and Greninja. So, why not give us two more DK characters, since this franchise deserves it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

We will likely only get one, but the way everyone goes on about it there would probably be the least flames towards a new game if it got three.

Either that, or I could laugh at how fast they backtrack about that sort of bias.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Whenever I see this now, mariotehplumber always comes to mind, maybe its because this is his twitter profile pic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Jumpman would be a worse choice than Dark Pit. At least Dark Pit is a different person. Jumpman is literally Mario... at least Dr. Mario wore different clothes to differentiate himself from Mario.

If we need to have a character to represent the Donkey Kong arcade and the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, I'd rather have Pauline. She could use Mini toys and her accessories (purse, umbrella, etc.)

15 characters would mean so many cuts in smash 5. That or a huge dev time lol. I honestly vant think of that many i really care for

1. Viridi
2. Ridley
3. abe lincoln of codename steam
4. Ganon
5. Wonder red
6.melia
7. Tiki
8. CaptaIn toad
9. Bandana dde
10. Idk nidoking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.