• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Creation/Editing?

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
This thread is for people to talk about character creation/customization in Brawl. This option is available in tons of genres, why not in a good one. I haven't seen any thread about this. Here's my ideas for Brawl character customization.

Classes:
*Note: Regular characters don't fit perfectly into classes and weight can fluctuate somewhat.
class (example)
Ranger (Fox/Falco)
Swordsman (Marth/Roy
Item Tech.(Link/Y. Link)
Gymnast (C. Falcon/Shiek)
Fighter (plumbers/ Peach)
Psychic (Ness/Mewtwo/Zelda)
Fighter 2 (IC/G&W/Yoshi)
Brute (DK/Ganon/Bowser)
Bomber (Jiggs/Kirby/Pika Twins)
*Note 2: You have your own opinions and that is why this is in a forum. Make your own chart and post it. You may also offer changes, there might be a poll for those if this is popular enough.

Body Types:
*Note 3: They do effect/limit your move set.
Humanoid
Chibi Humanoid
Monster
Puffball
Four-legged
*Note 4: Gender is selected afterwards.

Weight:
Select your weight class from 1-10.
It also limits your move set. Ganon would look stupid doing Falcon Kick, and C. Falcon shouldn't use Ganon's kick.
Within a class, a character's weight can vary. For example, Link is heavier than his younger self.
*Note 5: The appearance editing would follow after this.

That's it for me. Instead of using lot's of space, just briefly describe your idea and let people mail you if they want the full version. :link:

D

Deleted member

Like the ideas, but this game is solely based around Nintendo characters. Its not impossible, but I get the feeling that it won't happen.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
What the hell's a Chibi Humanoid? Anyway, yeah they're gonna have to have some sort of Create-A-Character system because they've got those Me things for Wii Sports. I wish it were more like Soul Calibur create a character system where you could choose classes and just change what they look like

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
no, this wont happen. this is a game about NINTENDO'S ALL-STARS. not any random character you make. other fighting games have that kind of thing, because the characters arent from other games to begin with, they are created from scratch for that game.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
For Christ's sake, what's wrong with a little customization?! Everytime I suggest it I get shot down saying - "this is a game about nintendo all-stars"!!! It's a good idea, and with online play, it would leave people thinking how the oponents character is like, so listen to me, either keep it to yourself, or look to the nearest wall, and bang your head continously against that until you can think of something better to do!!

Croco

Smash Lord
I could see it working with the Miis.
But that is it.

Personalizing the player.. "You" as a character.
The game wouldn't be a game without YOU the PLAYER.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Create your own nintendo all star!? thats ********, the furthest it should go is custom colors.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Guys although its a nice idea i would be SO sad to see something like that...Why you ask? Because it will not be the Smash i came to love through all these years! It will lose its originality!

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
How could adding to an awesome game be unoriginal.
If Nintendo kept it as the same thing with more stages and better
graphics I would be appalled.
They should add something different that still keeps to the game.
I think that Customization does not change the fundamentals,
have you heard of Mario Tennis's Challenge the pros mode?

Micahc

Smash Ace
Ew. The catch phrase of Melee is "The All Star Brawl Is On!" Am I an All Star? Is KokiriEmblem an All Star? The most character customization I want is me asking, "Do I want Link to be Ocarina of Time Link, or Twilight Princess Link?"

Kirye

Smash Ace
It would kill the point of Smash Bros.

The game is supposed to be Nintendo fighters in the fray, not some random *** thinger. The only customization I can imagine in Smash Bros is the Mii, which would just be a face difference for the most part.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea (I bought Soul Calibur 3 for the character creation alone,) but I think the closest we're going to get is the ability to redress/accessorize existing characters. Still, no reason for everyone to lose their cool in response.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think character creation would be a bad idea for brawl, because the game's original purpose is to let you play your favorite nintendo characters of all time and beat the crap out of other nintendo characters. now although this includes third party characters as of brawl, it shouldn't include customs. i feel that customized character coloring would be interesting, like those coloring books in wario ware games.

kuinnster

Smash Rookie
My ideas about the character create/cust.

Kokiri Emblem, i think it is a great idea to create/customizing characters for A super smash game. The idea makes me ponder about the character i would make for the game :joyful:

I know theres no chance create/customizing characters, but they have made the step to

include 3rd party characters like Snake, from the Metal Gear solid series.

Maybe they are planning to include your idea of creating character for the next smash game after brawl?

P.S: sorry for not posting right away, because i was playing smash with new moves learnt from this website!

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
Kuinn, I sincerely hope that your idea is true.
The game's complexity could increase while maintaining
an easy-to-learn style. The different classes should
have a rock, paper, scissors effect. Though not much,
just enough to keep people from having an "Ulti-class".
:link:

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
For Christ's sake, what's wrong with a little customization?! Everytime I suggest it I get shot down saying - "this is a game about nintendo all-stars"!!! It's a good idea, and with online play, it would leave people thinking how the oponents character is like, so listen to me, either keep it to yourself, or look to the nearest wall, and bang your head continously against that until you can think of something better to do!!
Ok and if it keeps getting shot down then what does that say about most of the consumers?
Face the facts if they do that then a lot of people aren't going to use it making it a waste of money to incorporate into the game, why spend more money for less profit? I'm sure there are some of the game developers lurking around this site for marketing psychographic information about the fans so that they can turn a good profit out of it, they like this kind of open forum because then they don't have to call random people, hope they care and interview them, it helps their employees have an easier time. Realizing the market strategy in this game is what will help you determine what is likely and what is not, what people carea bout and what they don't.

Long story short, don't think that the idea gets shot down for no reason.

PS: I hate the custom character idea.

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
You sure? I thought it was pretty ****ing good myself.
I figured that it could add more balance and expand the
target audience. :link:

Micahc

Smash Ace
You sure? I thought it was pretty ****ing good myself.
I figured that it could add more balance and expand the
target audience. :link:
How would it add balance? People would create the 'Uber' custom and use him solely. The only custom character that has a hope of getting in is the Mii's.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
How would it add balance? People would create the 'Uber' custom and use him solely. The only custom character that has a hope of getting in is the Mii's.
Of course, why would they try to think of another idea, when they could simply use the Miis!

Tera253

Smash Ace
that's been pretty much settled.
Mii would be proabaly the closest thing we could ever get to creat-a-character.
great idea nonetheless.
~Tera253~

T!me_spir!T

Smash Rookie
In my opinion it would be nice to create an own character but not in Brawl...
Who would play with the main characers if it's possible to create a "perfect" character?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, the idea is pretty well thought-out, you've got to respect that. The whole classes thing could actually work.
But yeah, only for Miis. In the unlikely event of their inclusion, something like that would be the best option... just keep their power moderate, like they included Pichu to be usable, but very weak.

Top Bottom