• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Combos: Link

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
:link2:Link's Combos is a combo thread for Link Specifically. I am also hosting the other characters. I am going to list Link's Amazing Combos Daily.

Longshot Death:
Works best on: Fox
Required: Longshot, Spin Attack Semi-Spike, Backwards Kick
Stage: Final Destination
Go near the ledge use the Longshot then the Backwards Kick, next use the Spin Attack (Non-Semi Spike) twice. Lastly, when Fox recovers, as fast as you can, use the Semi Spike Spin Attack. Note: This takes careful aim for the semi spike.

Rising Falcon:
You need 2 Links on the same team 2 Human Players.
Works best on: Bowser, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch
Required: Down Thrust, Multi-Stab, Side Smash
Stage: One that has a wall.
Use one Link to get the 3rd Player to go next to the wall, then use both to use rapid thrust, with your teammate, then use the side smash with one and finish off with a down thrust. Percent before using Side Smash: 120% Damage.
Note: Also works on SSB64 and Project M.
:link2:

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
Aren't combos really dependent on the stage, %, DI, weight, falling speed, etc.? Is it really that useful to say IF they're at x % and they DI this way, and they're this character, and they're on this stage, then you can land this hit on them, which may or may not lead into this one? Would it be more useful to discuss how the above affects attacks? I feel like combos are mostly stuff one comes up with on one's own and are very difficult to accurately express over the inteerwebz.

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know what to do immediately after a grab against Link's worst MUs. I've been pulling a lot of stupids like sitting there spinning in a circle after Falcon's already teched away and is waiting to knee my floppy little dunce cap off the stage. What throws lead to what move at what percent ranges against which characters?

Skler

Smash Master
Uthrow vs Falcon/spacies if they're above 30 or so. Dthrow and tech chase (use more grabs, a double fsmash, whatever you want) otherwise.

Against anyone who isn't a fast faller you want to dthrow and follow up with a utilt or something of the sort (dsmash if they're at too low of a percent, or tech chase) to get a combo going.

You can uthrow the non-fast fallers at low percents in an effort to follow up with uairs and such, but they get their DJ to try and avoid you so that's always iffy.

Top Bottom