• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Art for Assist Trophies?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
In Brawl, we not only received art for characters, but also the Assist Trophies in the game. For example:

But so far, we haven't seen any. This is a really trivial topic, but do you think we'll see any for this game? A lot of the Assist Trophies, including Dillon, Ashley and Skull Kid, look too good to have no art for them.

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
I think that we'll get some artwork for each AT. Just wait.

Last edited:
They'll surely have some in-game renders. There could be a new Assist Trophy Switch screen since there are so many of them now. They could appear in Classic credits like in Brawl. If nothing else, there are trophy preview icons. I just hope that the site changes formats to something like Brawl's Dojo and they show renders for things like that :> Regular items also used to get renders.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sakurai has said that the Assist Trophies have a special place in (I believe) All-Star mode, now, so it may have to do with that.

I suspect E3 will clear up a lot of this ambiguity surrounding game modes, and any other missing pieces to this puzzle that is Smash 4.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
When the website popped up during last E3, Sakurai said specifically that the character page was up. That implies we'll eventually see pages for other things like assist trophies. If that's true, we'll see proper renders of all the assist trophies then.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Yeah I was looking at the Brawl Dojo and remembered that they had pages for all of the items, assist trophies and stages that were confirmed, and I was wondering why there wasn't several pages like that on the Smash 4 site. It'd be super-helpful. All of the stages, items, assists, Poke/Masterball Pokemon.

Hopefully an update of sorts during E3? Idk.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
In the last game, fighters' and AT's trophies replicated their artwork.

Let Dillon's trophy be a hint at what his artwork will look like.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I hope so, casue' I want the HD Skull Kid in my sig. :awesome:

Here's the Dillon art I used in my sig.

Dillon SSB4 Transparent.png

Dang, he looks so good....

Sakurai has said that the Assist Trophies have a special place in (I believe) All-Star mode, now, so it may have to do with that.

I suspect E3 will clear up a lot of this ambiguity surrounding game modes, and any other missing pieces to this puzzle that is Smash 4.
Source?

Last edited:
Top Bottom