• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character analyses - Why do you love Palutena?

Rainiris

Smash Cadet
Helplessly attracted to this kind of characters. Both, personality and default playstyle.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Long live Kid Icarus ! And of course Palutena ( and Pit + Darkpit ). ^^ Sorry I wanted do write it. xD

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I like how she moves....

If only she had more killing moves and less cooldow in her tilts.... I hate i hve to work like a slave to get kills, when other characters just spam tilts and destroy.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Uprising. Loved her personality in the game and made her one of my top wants for Smash 4. And I like the Shield and Staff fighting style.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
This game actually made me appreciate her more. She was great in KI:U but I couldn't always enjoy her (or Pit's) dialogue because I'd be too busy trying to fight and dodge.

LyonelNoale

Smash Cadet
Because nothing projects obnoxious mockery quite like that side Taunt.

Plus both Up taunt and Down taunt are great for starting/ending battles.

Those most important points aside, I found that she personally has begun to fit my playstyle really well. Having a counter and a reflect move available are also two extremely great qualities about her that I've found to be significant in why I chose this character as my main. :D

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
When I first got the game and started trying out characters, there was a Palutena CPU, and I noticed her awful quality voice (I was on 3DS) so I tried her out, and actually started to like her moveset. I thought her up-smash was amazing, and her aerial mobility was great. I've been playing her ever since, and now people are considering her a bad character, it feels satisfying beating up Shiek's. :p Talking design/personality wise, her voice is kinda annoying, and her design is alright.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I don't know why but the moment I watched the trailer for Palutena I needed to main her, a character that says all their moves when they use it is the best.

Besides that I bought Kid Icarus Uprising and all the characters in that are great. I think a big thing is that Palutena reminds me a lot of the time Goddess from half minute hero, scamming me for money to turn back time so the world doesn't end in 30 seconds.

I also love the implication that you're opponent isn't ready yet with her down taunt, it feels so antagonizing.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't know why but the moment I watched the trailer for Palutena I needed to main her, a character that says all their moves when they use it is the best.

Besides that I bought Kid Icarus Uprising and all the characters in that are great. I think a big thing is that Palutena reminds me a lot of the time Goddess from half minute hero, scamming me for money to turn back time so the world doesn't end in 30 seconds.

I also love the implication that you're opponent isn't ready yet with her down taunt, it feels so antagonizing.
Don't forget Pit knew in Brawl if you were ready or not. I personally like her up-taunt, whenever I'm playing with a friend I start the match with it, and when I beat them I just yell "Purification!" :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You are my new favourite person ever.

I jest, but seriously, thank you so much for that, that legit made my day.

Top Bottom