• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaos Control !!! Recipe for Success (in progress)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Bananas, Planking, Chain Grabs, "Walling", etc.

The above DO require skill and that is not open for discussion. It is undeniable that they also take less of a toll on the player's brain. These skills make it much easier for the player to solve the riddle:"What is my opponent going to do now and thus what should I do?"

Sonic is one of the best opportunists, but is constantly using the Brute Force Method. (look it up)
So the question is.... should we start an absurdly in-detail discussion on how to do just that.....?

I say we go for it! YES

The Problem You Must Accept When Playing Competitive Smash As Sonic
Let's say Chaos is.... well... not being predictable.
If your Sonic = Chaos.... Then you might win.
If your Sonic = Predictable.... Then he probably loses. There's a reason why Shadow says:" Click Here"
Maintaining and controlling this Chaos is Sonic's greatest challenge.

Solution
The different types of Chaos Sonic

Fake Chaos: It looks cool.... but was it really necessary?
Examples include but not limited to:

-Starting up the weakest spin and quickly canceling it with your sick tech skills when your opponent is on the opposite end of the stage.
-Repeatedly starting Spin Dashes and Shield Canceling them when your opponent is not taking the bait.
-Relying too much on your bair
-Doing a spinshot to recover when either spin specials without instantly jump canceling is sufficient.

Steak Chaos: Many flavors. They don't all always taste good and aren't always healthy for you, but you must embrace them all.
-Well Done: It's rough and tough but it's what you do when you're applying the Brute Force Method.
-Medium: It's well... in the middle. It's the recognition of transitioning between rare and Well Done. It's what you do and how you do it.
-Rare: This is the wow factor. These are the things that you pull off and the crowd goes wild cause well... you're sonic and you just made your opponent drop their shield into an fsmash or finish their spot dodge just as you hit them the "wrong?" direction with a bair.

In Conclusion
Depending on how this is received we can hopefully continue this discussion and eye appealing figures and delicious video(s) can follow.

~dNES out

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
fake chaos? word? I guess this deserves a thread, at the very least i can say things like this are scattered throughout other threads. so, what's first on the agenda?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This looks fun.
And it kinda teaches me what not to do if i want to win the Steak and look good doing it.
But i'm with Wedge on interrogation.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Let's start with approaching. Most of the cast let's Sonic approach them. There's plenty of blunders and lots of options for how Sonic can approach.

Do you ever air dodge into a perfect frame executed attack upon landing?
Does anyone still do the run around?
Do you shield grab or just grab out of a dash?

Basically... what works for you?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Basically... what works for you?
Nothing :(

lolz actually I really like to dash towards them, cancel the run with shield, then immediately jump OoS and Fair. Because the shield is there to powershield if they try to attack me, just in case -- it's only out for a frame or two as a defense -- then the Fair comes out pretty fast out of that (much faster than shield-dropping and then doing an attack).

Top Bottom