• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Soundeffects in ProjectM?

hand

Smash Cadet
I know you can change the music played on stages and menu by putting brstm files into the strm folder on the SD card, but that's not what I'm curious about.
Today I downloaded a file with SSB64 sound effects (they work with Windows Media Player) and I was wondering: Can you convert them into a certain file-type (similar to brstm) and put them on your SD card in order to replace the current sounds by desired SSB64 sound effects, or is it more complex than that?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There's a program called 'super sawndz' that allows you to insert wav files into the sounds file of the game. After that, you can export the individual sets of sounds as .sawnd files, and those would be placed in sd:/projectm/pf/sfx

The sounds file you'd need to edit would be the smashbros_sounds.brsar, which you can extract from your disc or find in the internet.

So, yeah, you can, but it's a little more complex than making the music files.

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
ls there a video example?
Not that I'm aware of, but Super Sawnds is not that complicated so you'll figure it out with a little concentration. But one thing you should be aware of: make a backup of the brsar file before you start, because changes made in Super Sawnds are saved automatically.

Top Bottom