• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Scenes - Not Sure if there is one

Victreesmash

Smash Rookie
So, I'm moving from central Ohio to Mobile, Alabama for college in about 3 weeks, and I am hoping to get into the scene there. I've been attending locals for about a month or two here in Ohio, and I am hoping that I'll be able to do similar things down in Mobile. If anyone knows of frequent tournaments or scheduled events, I am definitely going to try to be there. If there's not anything down there, I would be happy to start hosting/organizing tournaments.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So, I'm moving from central Ohio to Mobile, Alabama for college in about 3 weeks, and I am hoping to get into the scene there. I've been attending locals for about a month or two here in Ohio, and I am hoping that I'll be able to do similar things down in Mobile. If anyone knows of frequent tournaments or scheduled events, I am definitely going to try to be there. If there's not anything down there, I would be happy to start hosting/organizing tournaments.

Err not sure if anyone from the Bama thread has talked to you or not. JUST IN CASE

Firstly welcome to Alabama~

The area you're moving into splits a scene between East Mississippi, Pensacola and (soon to be your town) Mobile. Events will be in Mobile one month, and Pensacola the next to rotate venues and to ease driving problems. If you are big into Melee and PM then you'll have an easy time finding fellow enthusiast to play with....not so much for Sm4sh. It's still building, and the main crowd find the game quite boring but are at least giving it a shot. If you aren't against travel I'd recommend trying to travel upstate to meet your sm4sh needs (if you have them).

Cool things to look at:
Alabama Smashboards Thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/alabama-thread-6-17-2015-update.81996/
Note that the first Page has a calendar of events. Usually moogle updates it monthly

Alabama Smash League Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/
Activity from those you won't see on the forum will be at the facebook group. Keep a lookout for Smashfests, Tournaments, and just helpful advice and or questions

South Alabama(Mobile) Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/southalabamasmash/
Because they wanted an island.

Hope that helps if you were here wandering about if you'd ever get a reply to your question.

Victreesmash

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I do play Smash 4 mostly; I've tried Melee, but it's just so different. Anyway, if the scene is small, I'd be happy to do what I can to help get the Smash 4 scene growing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sounds like a plan dood. You'll have about 10 willing to play at first but I'm sure as long as there are events that prioritize sm4sh without having the usual whines and moans then things should look good quick. Feel free to visit HASL events in North Alabama since it has the biggest turnout in all games outside of our Regional event "AUSOM"

Top Bottom