• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing peach's upb direction

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
So I just found out today that peach can change the direction of her upb. Just like roy and marth but to a lesser extent.

I don't know much of the specifics, but she can at least alter it to two specific extremes.

From the edge of Battlefield, holding over (during the initial part of the upb) will put peach on the first platform.
On Dreamland, holding up will cause her to have to put her umbrella away when she lands (LAG).

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKtFAsMOxE

Application:
Hopefully this isn't ever going to make a difference for your recovery, since it is so small, but it is applicable in reducing lag while umbrellaing around platforms and other such things:

YS
Up puts peach on the top platform
Over makes her float back to the ground

FoD
Same as YS

Corneria
Up guarentees she will grab the fin (assuming she's properly spaced side to side)
Over can put her too low to grab it (if the ship is moving downwards she can still get it)

RC
Up IDK there's a lot of platforms on this level
Over puts her on the first rung of the boat with no lag

JJ
Up puts her above the platform (and can FF onto the platform or back to the ground)
Over puts her on the platform with no lag

GGs
Both Up and Over put her above the platform, holding up would make it easier to FF and land on the platform.

Brinstar
No real significance

Mute
Didn't bother to test all the platforms (It's a flat stage!)

Pkstm
See GGs. Didn't bother with the transformations.

Pkflts
I'm not that committed to providing information

BF
No real significance (don't try to land on the platforms)

FD
lol

DL
Already explained

DK64
No real significance

<3 Bumbershoot

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Whenever you DI while in parasol mode, she falls faster. Whenever you fast fall the parasol, you don't have lag. I thought it was obvious.

Top Bottom