• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Name Tags Throughout the Game?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hey, I was hoping to get a bit of help in a stupid little project I've been working on. I'm looking to change what the game reads off as the name of a character (to be specific Sonic). I already got the CSS down pat because it's super easy, but I'm having a tough time finding the rest of the instances. Anyone know how to edit the name that's shown in:

The results screen
Pokemon Stadium 1&2
Pictochat
anywhere I may be missing

Much appreciated.

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
Hey, I was hoping to get a bit of help in a stupid little project I've been working on. I'm looking to change what the game reads off as the name of a character (to be specific Sonic). I already got the CSS down pat because it's super easy, but I'm having a tough time finding the rest of the instances. Anyone know how to edit the name that's shown in:

The results screen
Pokemon Stadium 1&2
Pictochat
anywhere I may be missing

Much appreciated.
I don't know about the others, but the Pokemon Stadium 1/2 names are in the stage files themselves. They are in MiscData[40].

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You need codes to change the names of the Result Screen and Pictochat and such. Well, there IS a file that does it, but I've never had success editing it.

What you seek can be found here

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks for the answers everybody. Shun, do you happen to know where to find the program? I'm wanna give it a go before doing the codes myself. I feel like if it works it'd save me some time.

Edit: Also what are you supposed to make the gct into an editable txt and then back to a gct?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Eh, that's fine, the gct editing doesn't look too bad anyway. What would one use to turn the PM gct into a manageable txt and then back again?

Top Bottom