• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Hit SFX for Items?

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to know how to change the sound an item (for example, a Freezy) makes when it connects with an opponent, but I'm not really sure how it works. I know that for character attacks, you need to change the flags of the hitbox, but I don't know if the same principle applies to items, or how to do it even if it does (or what file to look in). Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Sorry for the pointless thread.

EDIT 2: Okay, false alarm again; I thought I found it, but it didn't work. What I did was go into ItmCommonParam, extract ItmFreezerParam.pac, edit the hitbox info in PSA, then replace ItmFreezerParam back in ItmCommonParam, then insert the new ItmCommonParam into my ISO. However, it still makes the old sfx. Looks like I'll need to ask for someone's help after all.

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
You were able to modify the items? I've been trying to do this for a while! Thank you for this valuable piece of information!

Your problem may be related to the ISO. Perhaps it is reluctant to change, or perhaps you are editing the wrong one. Try looking in the other common files for item files, and if that fails or they don't exist, try copying your modified Brawl ISO and loading that one instead.

Hope I helped!

- Bob

Top Bottom