• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing directions in Falco's Chain-Grab (New AT Included)

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I just recently discovered a new AT, Reverse Boost Grabbing. If you haven't read about it yet, please check it out in the Brawl Tactical Discussion.

One of the uses of this technique is to change the direction of chain grabs such as Falco's. This method seems far more useful than rolling behind the opponent and grabbing.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD9II3yhHlg

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
This is called a pivot grab, the Dojo presents this in its own tactical discussion. Just sayin
Umm.........No, it isn't. Pivot Grabbing is when you dash then turn around while grabbing. Reverse Boost Grabbing, though, is when you cancel a dash attack with a grab facing the other way and keep the incredible horizontal momentum provided by the dash attack. Read more about it in the Brawl Tactical Discussion Boards.

OBanner

Smash Rookie
It seems cool but will it actually have a use? If you chain grab starting from the middle, you just end it with a D-air, but unless you start your chain grab at the end of the stage, facing away from the stage, you really have no reason for this.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Old and already known.

It was even shown in Dojo and in the AT thread on tactical discussion.

Blad01

Smash Lord
ôO !

Wow, i was already using sometimes Reverse Grab to change the Chaingrab's direction, but this... is faster ! :D

Thank you man ^^ (I will again go in Training.... I love that ! :D)

[EDIT : You should put the Reverse Grab Boost link in the first post ;)]

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
actually, there is a fault with the Reverse pivot grab, you cant always grab them and its actually quite punishable if you do this right out of the blue.

For chaingrabing purposes, I suppose this is an easy way to quickly change directions quickly, but remember IMO, i suggest once you switch directions, KEEP GOING THAT DIRECTION because some characters can get out soon than mosts (and depending on size as well from what I've tested with it)

SLIVRphantasm

Smash Cadet
whats with all the stuff befor the chain grab? if you have to do all that before you do it, you wont be able to use it in a real fight right?

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
just him trying to do the reverse grab but he keeps doing an Smash/Dash Attack/etc...

To do the reverse pivot grab, Dash and at the same time, Press L/R and A and you will be doing a grab instead of a roll but go behind the dude.

The Idealist

Smash Cadet
Whether this was discovered before or not this is the first time I've seen a video of this so thanks for showing me.:) Looks mildly useful for Falco.

Top Bottom