• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes you want from update 3.0

gerrypipes

Smash Rookie
I think nintendo thinks duck hunt is a troll pick and should be bad - but a man can still hope.
What (reasonable) changes do you think would have a good effect on duck hunt?

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Personally i don't think he is that bad, just unpopular and kinda hard to use compared to another Zoner like the Belmonts, he can make big damage combos out of side b up to 40% maybe more, he can kill confirm into Bair or Dair with his side b as well, great leadge coverage with the can. I feel he is too unexplored.

But answering your question i would like him to have a faster jab combo and maybe more knockback in the can or another kill move. Also the duck attacks should be disjointed if they aren't.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Sad that he kind of got another nerf via the universal projectile changes.

I guess for 4.0, or whenever the next balance update occurs, I'd probably want:

• Cut down time in which gunmen cannot be used again after they've been hit
  • Make clay pigeon fly faster and return it to where you don't have to mash B several times to complete the hits. One press was fine. I can understand why they changed it to be the way it it, it does probably make more sense considering the game he's from. I just really miss throwing it out to force a shield or another defensive option and immediately being able to prepare for another B move to start a trap setup.
  • Make him just a little heavier and a tiny bit faster so he can get out of dodge from these super air-mobile characters more easily.
Maybe a lot of this is too subjective. It seems like his neutral has switched from being almost universally revolving around can setups to being more evenly spaced among his projectiles...but I liked the universal can setups. He's almost gone from the game's quirky trap character to a true zoner that's just outshone by better zoners. Seems like BOTW Link has almost taken DHD's place as the goofy trap character, while Snake took the throne of the "good" trap character.

It's mostly a pipe dream for me for him to be less of a retooled character from 4, and more of the same character he was in 4 but with fixes and buffs for the things he had that were bad in that game. And the couple changes from above that would make him fit this game's mechanics a bit better. I miss playing the only character I liked in 4, I just can't adjust to how you need to play him to be successful in Ultimate.

Top Bottom