• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes with Patch 1.0.6, discuss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Someone noticed anything with the patch applied?
Lets put on here so we can discuss, to talk, to hate, to love or to decide some fixes onto our game style.

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
Has anyone tested if the nuclear pikmin from reflectors thing still works?

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
The pikmin AI seems to follow me better, especially with rapid movement/dashing around, and near ledges.
Recovery when holding 3 pikmin seems much better.
Upsmash feels better (more range?)

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
The pikmin AI seems to follow me better, especially with rapid movement/dashing around, and near ledges.
If someone can confirm this, it would be AWESOME.

Have you tried to fair with 3 pikmin in line and it does fail to grab a pikmin to really hit? That's still present? 'Fairing' with the air?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Everything seems to be the same to me. The 3 Pikmin recovery does seem a little better, but that could just be a placebo. Would need actual testing with the old version.

emefcue

Smash Cadet
all pikmin (when you do the a side smash) go the same distance now. before, white pikmin went the furthest on smashes

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I did a quick check through all of his moves after the patch, and it seems like all of his moves are the same in terms of damage and knockback.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Anything on Pikmin AI? I die so much due to moves that "should" work but don't have hitboxes.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Up smash attack range is way better, same power and knockback but the range is better is facing in one way.

I use a yellow pikmin and that Up smash range was really long, I don't even touching mario and he just flew away. The range man. Dat Up smash is... better.

Mario Spin can counter Up smash in patch before... Not anymore, Up smash can counter mario spin now, yay for me!

And pikmin do movement better now too.

And the rest is the same, even my old combo are still there except hoo-haa, I need to try is still there... But those down seems different now.

(Dat range of Up smash soooooo good.)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Up smash attack range is way better, same power and knockback but the range is better is facing in one way.

I use a yellow pikmin and that Up smash range was really long, I don't even touching mario and he just flew away. The range man. Dat Up smash is... better.

Mario Spin can counter Up smash in patch before... Not anymore, Up smash can counter mario spin now, yay for me!

And pikmin do movement better now too.

And the rest is the same, even my old combo are still there except hoo-haa, I need to try is still there... But those down seems different now.

(Dat range of Up smash soooooo good.)
Yellow usmash has more range than other colors. I don't think the range was buffed. As for Mario's Dair beating usmash that probably depends on where it hits Mario. Can anyone else confirm these changes?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure but I thought yesterday when playing against a Mewtwo, white Pikmin weren't killed by shadowball, fsmash or upsmash.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I'm not entirely sure but I thought yesterday when playing against a Mewtwo, white Pikmin weren't killed by shadowball, fsmash or upsmash.
That might be possible since the "color" (maybe a stupid assumption) are similar.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I noticed something but maybe is just my imagination.
I usually don't go for Uair when trying to juggling my opponent because I was terrible doing it, but now I find it somehow more easily to do, and I haven't been playing for like a week.

It may be possible that the hitbox for Uair, has been extended a little bit for every Pikmin?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I noticed something but maybe is just my imagination.
I usually don't go for Uair when trying to juggling my opponent because I was terrible doing it, but now I find it somehow more easily to do, and I haven't been playing for like a week.

It may be possible that the hitbox for Uair, has been extended a little bit for every Pikmin?
It's the same.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Before you close this, I just noticed something that I'm unsure of if it was in a previous patch.

Did Link and Toon Link's shield block all of our smashes before or no?

I know Link got the buff of being able to block Foxes lazers, so maybe pikmin aswell.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Before you close this, I just noticed something that I'm unsure of if it was in a previous patch.

Did Link and Toon Link's shield block all of our smashes before or no?

I know Link got the buff of being able to block Foxes lazers, so maybe pikmin aswell.
Link/toon link's shields block projectiles. This isn't anything new. Olimar's smashes in Smash 4 act as projectiles. This also is not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom