• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes to unconfirmed Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been thinking about this a bit. Besides from the obvious Nerf Meta Knight and Buff Ganondorf what changes would you make across any number of vets if they returned?

I'd change Sonic's Side B to a boost attack and give his Down B the best properties of his Old Side B.
If it was an Issue, I'd separate most of the transforming characters. Zamus's new Final Smash would call in her gunship to provide cover fire while she takes advantage of the chaos.
Mewtwo would have a Reworked moveset.
Roy would have a fire Magic projectile for his Side B
And
Luigi would have 5 people cheering for him instead of 3 because it's his Birthday

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Sonic, Zamus, Mewtwo, Roy, and Luigi are not newcomers. That's like, not even close to being newcomers.

Also how can you change a newcomer if we have no idea on how they're going to play to begin with?

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Meta Knight: Low priority on moves (especially tornado,) kept the same speed but seems slower because the game becomes faster.
Ganondorf: Buffed, uses sword a bit, much more magic, a bit less Captain Dorf.
Sonic: cut. Lol
Z[ero Suit S]amus: No changes expected.
Mewtwo: Heavier, more traction, new look, some new moves (less tail?,) Final Smash or Transform = boost
Roy: Not coming back.
Luigi: More vacuum, different aerials, different specials. I expect his "double jump" for Super Luigi U to be used. I expect huge changes and him being much stronger. More range, more range for hitboxes, less wimpy attacks, more control in the air (not to confuse floatiness with control.) Luigi top tier.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Sonic, Zamus, Mewtwo, Roy, and Luigi are not newcomers. That's like, not even close to being newcomers.

Also how can you change a newcomer if we have no idea on how they're going to play to begin with?

Woops, meant to say veterans. Brain fart, fixed it.

Maripu

Smash Cadet
MK: Hopefully nerfed significantly... something that places him in D tier would be nice
Ganondorf: I really want to see some special/smash attacks with the sword. Brawl did very little to differentiate between Gdorf & CF. Even though their moves weren't identical anymore, they were still worthless kicks & punches that had nothing to do with Gdorf in the LoZ games
Sonic: (I hope) cut
ZSS: Slight buffing would be nice, but not necessary since she is already pretty good
Mewtwo: New form. Hopefully a little less floaty. I don't know about anything else.
Roy: Gotta agree, not returning.
Luigi: I want the Poltergeist 3000

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Meta Knight: Nerfed. Just better management of priorities, delays, speed and damaged.
Ganondorf: Revamped. I don't think ganondorf has ever punched somebody in a zelda game. Just make it more like ganondorf. Oh and let him jump higher than 2 feet, its rediculous.
Sonic: Change over B to ring dash, like fox's over B with similarities to lucario's upB, have some ability to control it.
Zero Suit Samus: Do something about final smash restrictions.
Mewtwo: Stronger? I really don't know. Being floaty is a part of his character but he deserves a buff.
Roy: Roy will probably remain an exclusive to melee.
Luigi: I honestly think hes fine the way he is, maybe the poltergeist 3000?
Falco, Fox, Wolf: Stop it with the landmasters. Give falco an arwing and wolf a... I don't know, just don't make it a landmaster. Starwolf doesn't even have one as far as I know.
Mario: FLUDD is already confirmed, all dreams for mario have been shattered.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Falco, Fox, Wolf: Stop it with the landmasters. Give falco an arwing and wolf a... I don't know, just don't make it a landmaster. Starwolf doesn't even have one as far as I know.
Probably give Wolf an Assault-styled Rocket Launcher (for his Final Smash)? I agree that they should have given Falco an Arwing (instead of the Landmaster).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic - Tone down his final smash, it is OP. Spin dash should be uninterrupted by most attacks, only powerful ones like Warlock Punch should stop it. Give him more kick with spin dash and other spin based attacks like he has in his actual game (this should push him up tier-wise as well).

Ganondorf - Redo the entire character. Keep some trademark moves like Warlock punch but also add in range magical attack like the final battle in OOT. Sword attacks may also be nice.

Olimar - Keep the same. I don't want the new Pikmin unless they are done right. Give him a better and easier to use recovery.

Toon Link - Add in Deku Leaf and give him Fire Arrows normally and if he holds arrow for a while charge it into Ice that allows you to freeze opponent. That would be sweet. Also give him a unique Final Smash.

Captain Falcon - Please redo this character and make him faster and more durable like in Melee or 64.

Falco and Wolf - Give them Final Smashes not called Landmaster

Zelda/Shiek - Make them two seperate characters and call Shiek, Impa.

King Dedede - Make his down B more powerful and similar to Bowser. It should be almost uninteruptable since it is based of the powerful move from the Kirby Adventures fight. It also should have more kick. This move made no sense to me because it was easy to interrupt and didn't do a lot of damage. In the real Kirby game, it was a powerful move. Sakurai should know better because he made the original Kirby games and the character.

I really like most of the rest of the castes moves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
King Dedede - Make his down B more powerful and similar to Bowser. It should be almost uninteruptable since it is based of the powerful move from the Kirby Adventures fight. It also should have more kick. This move made no sense to me because it was easy to interrupt and didn't do a lot of damage. In the real Kirby game, it was a powerful move. Sakurai should know better because he made the original Kirby games and the character.

I really like most of the rest of the castes moves.

You mean DDD's Up-B right? His down B is the rocker hammer. That needs a bit of a buff too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For Toon Link,
- make the Deku Leaf his Up B, and the spin attack his Down Smash.

- Since Link has lost his rapid jab, give it to Toon Link

- Give him a unique Final Smash

- A new AAA combo

- Fire & Ice arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom