• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes from Melee

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz

spread the word we got usmash spike

unless this was some insane circumstantial affinity that created a situation that simply made it look like an usmash spike. the recording is mine so i can supply more info if this aint solid enough
So after looking at that in like really slow motion, I think that Roy still has the spike BUT it no longer spikes with the first frame hit box like melee. But rather that it spikes with the second hit. WHAT!?

IWinToLose

Smash Apprentice
So after looking at that in like really slow motion, I think that Roy still has the spike BUT it no longer spikes with the first frame hit box like melee. But rather that it spikes with the second hit. WHAT!?
It's likely the vacuuming effect. SSB4 has a lot of it to try and keep the opponent in the full attack.

ymtah

Smash Cadet
It's likely the vacuuming effect. SSB4 has a lot of it to try and keep the opponent in the full attack.
yeah, thats what i figured had happened before i found this thread and learned Roy had a spike on his usmash in melee.

i dont imagine this happenstance—that is, escaping the vacuum to be thrown downward—is easily replicable. it is also difficult to tell if i, as ness, assuming this was me escaping the vacuum and not being spiked, was put in tumble. the competitive applications of this mechanical improbability are decidedly dubious.

an ironic and entertaining circumstantial parallel, in any case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom