• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes for New Patch?

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I have already read the other thread stating several char. differences, but I wanted to see if any of you guys can spot any other differences other than the counter momentum thing. Hoping that she got buffed, but won't hold my breath. When I get home, I myself will test her a little bit. Thanks guys :)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
-Up Throw into Up Air connects at low percentages
-Side B chains come out more quickly
-Quicker dash
-Forward Air reaches behind Lucina
-Recovery in general has been reduced
-Meteor hitbox on Down Air has been increased
-"Chest has gotten a bit bigger" [I don't think this is testable]

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
-Up Throw into Up Air connects at low percentages
-Side B chains come out more quickly
-Quicker dash
-Forward Air reaches behind Lucina
-Recovery in general has been reduced
-Meteor hitbox on Down Air has been increased
-"Chest has gotten a bit bigger" [I don't think this is testable]
Hooray for buffs :) Thanks, also, do you know if Side B 1 has less lag now? If so I am interested if it can be used like Marth in Brawl's side b 1 into follow up grab and stuff. Also, can her dair spike with the side tip now? How significant is the increase to you? Oh and I like the most bottom one for sure ;)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hooray for buffs :) Thanks, also, do you know if Side B 1 has less lag now? If so I am interested if it can be used like Marth in Brawl's side b 1 into follow up grab and stuff. Also, can her dair spike with the side tip now? How significant is the increase to you? Oh and I like the most bottom one for sure ;)
A tiny bit less lag, I'm not sure, not too significant, and RUINED FOREVER!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do we have any actual confirmation on any of this? A lot of other stuff from the video those were taken from were proven false. Of the supposed changes to Marth/Lucina, throw changes were disconfirmed at least (they essentially just boiled down to people being more comfortable with 3DS controls).

So far the only *confirmed* change is that the ledge-trumping counter glitch (where if you countered after being thrown off a ledge, you got launched off into oblivion) is gone.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Robertman, making posts like that really sully any competitive integrity this forum has ;\
Can you prove any of those changes are real?

The animation for her dash does seem different though? Maybe. Confirmation bias is really dangerous :<

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robertman, making posts like that really sully any competitive integrity this forum has ;\
Can you prove any of those changes are real?

The animation for her dash does seem different though? Maybe. Confirmation bias is really dangerous :<
I just copied pasted from a thread here.

mrpocari21

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpocari21
3DS FC
0619-3677-7277
I don't have the previous version to compare it to, but does it seem like her pivot grab has a more range?

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Huzzah, buffs! Are there any major nerfs that anyone found? I don't play terribly much Lucina.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
According to the data dump from the patch itself (here):
Misc script removals
Jab 1 base knockback decreased 0x3C -> 0x32, knockback growth decreased 0x19 -> 0x14
So her jab is nerfed slightly, a bunch of "misc script removals" that apparently don't count for much, and the bugfix we already knew about. And that's it. Anything else is just placebo/confirmation bias.

Last edited:

pimpimjim

Smash Rookie
NNID
slimjimppj
not sure if less knockback on jab is a "nerf" but moreso a neutral change

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's a nerf... kinda/mostly
Damage of a move impacts knockback and stuff, so the fact is, Marth's 4.0 damage jab will always deal less knockback than Lucina's 4.75 even at the same percent.

So depending on how that difference pans out, it means the one thing I relied on Lucina over Marth (Jab) as being safe on hit early may've been removed.
However, it'll be weaker later, hence the length of time one can follow up from jab may last a lot longer.

tl;dr Early percent safety on hit = likely gone, which sucks, it differed her and Marth slightly.
Later percent = comboing/setting up longer than before, can abuse that good knockback at maximum range.

Top Bottom