• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

change the counterpick rules

Razor

Smash Journeyman
this might not be the exact place to post this...but i was wondering what ppl think about the counterpick rules.

Right now, the most common way is : loser pick stage, winner char pick, loser counter char pick. I was wondering why we can't have the char choosing first? Personally, i think that way is more fair.

We could have it like, winner decides what char, loser can counter pick and if he does so then the stage goes random. If the loser doesn't counter pick char then he should be able to choose the stage. That way the random stages are more used and the loser still gets an advantage.

The reason i bring it up is bc i feel like the loser gets too many advantages. I mean it's true that he lost first, but what if the first match was really close? Or if it was lucky? Plus, in any situation, i'd rather know what characters are being used than the stage. any problems with this?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It used to be that way, and before that its was only loser could pick stage or change character. This way just works out better, and is generally liked more.

Top Bottom