• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Comes! Maryland Representing

Virtua Kazama

Smash Rookie
NNID
VirtuaKazama
3DS FC
2062-9289-6418
Hey, what's up everyone? My name is Virtua Kazama. I'm from Maryland, and I know about Smash @ Xanadu, since I watch their stream every Tuesday.

Who do you main in your Smash game(s) of choice? Why?
  • I didn't play any of the Smash games competitively, though I did have mains. In Smash 64, I usually use Fox a lot. In Melee, I used to use Ness but then I switched to Luigi. When I played Brawl, I didn't play it as much as I did with Melee, but I used Lucas. Project M, I used Luigi, Ness, and Lucas. And with Smash 3DS/Wii U coming out soon, I'm going to use Little Mac and keep Ness. When the game comes out, if I see a character that fits my playstyle, I'll main him/her.

Why have you joined Smashboards? How did you hear about the site?
  • Some of the guys from the UMBC gameroom who played a lot of Smash (64, Melee, and Project M) were talking about this site. I joined because I want to get to know the Smash community more.

Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
  • I do attend tournaments, but not for Smash. I have participated in The Fall Classic 2013, Bar Battle 2013, and recently Summer Jam 8 last month, all for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. Will I play Smash competitively? I'll consider it, although I do need some work.

Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
  • I watch anime, make YouTube videos, play mostly fighters and a lot of Nintendo games (combined with other Japanese games), watch horror movies, and I'm a pro-wrestling fan.

What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
  • I'm part of the Dead or Alive community, Virtua Fighter community, and I'm a moderator for EventHubs (I'm fully aware of our reputation, guys). I also post at FreeStepDodge.

MrLsGreenShocker

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Hope you consider playing Smash competitively with the background you have on DoA5. Though I am new, I hope to see this community grow extensively to get more tournaments going. I have loved this game series from the beginning and think it's great the growth it has seen with each release and through these boards. Hope to battle you in Smash!

Virtua Kazama

Smash Rookie
NNID
VirtuaKazama
3DS FC
2062-9289-6418
With Smash 3DS and Wii U coming out soon, I hope I get a chance to learn the competitive aspects of the game. But yea, thanks guys!

Top Bottom