• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenge!

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Hey ZSS players,
Since I do not have any recording devices, I have decieded the only way I can get some advice on how to improve my game is to challenge some of you to play me online. So any ZSS players who have some decent credentials, like DSR, DeliciousCake, PhoOtbag, Sparrow, Claw, Bunny...etc, if you are interested, i would like to play you some time online. I know i will most probably get beat badly, but i would like to hear feedback on how i can improve.
so ya, if you feel like having a fun, possibly easy, opponent let me know because i really want to play someone who can teach me a thing or two.
please post me back so we can arrange time, date, and all the other good stuff. oh and sorry if you have good credentials and i forgot to mention you above.
Thanks.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey ZSS players,
Since I do not have any recording devices, I have decieded the only way I can get some advice on how to improve my game is to challenge some of you to play me online. So any ZSS players who have some decent credentials, like DSR, DeliciousCake, PhoOtbag, Sparrow, Claw, Bunny...etc, if you are interested, i would like to play you some time online. I know i will most probably get beat badly, but i would like to hear feedback on how i can improve.
so ya, if you feel like having a fun, possibly easy, opponent let me know because i really want to play someone who can teach me a thing or two.
please post me back so we can arrange time, date, and all the other good stuff. oh and sorry if you have good credentials and i forgot to mention you above.
Thanks.
Honestly, if I played you online, you'd only improve at online play. It's not that I don't want to help, but being good online means very little in person, especially for a character who is as changed by the lag difference as ZSS (that, and my intertubes are cloggy and slow where I'm at). So I'm going to have to respectfully decline. My best advice is go to the Atlantic South Regional Zone and find the Florida thread. Look up local smashers, and drop them a PM or IM. If they have a recording device, that's even better.

However, if you're ever about to find yourself in the Triangle area of NC, don't hesitate to IM me. My sn is the same as my forum nick.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Alright thanks, I actually might be in NC sometime this summer... but we'll see. I will see if i can find a local group of smashes... maybe at a local arcade or something. and i will also check out that link.
Thanks again

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Let me know if you come to VA and I would be happy to play you, but I refuse to play online. Also for the rest of you, I talked to Claw and he said he's been spending most of his time over at AllIsBrawl, which I simply refuse to visit, seeing as how most of their ZSS players seem to be complete idiots not well learned.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
I don''t think i am going to be in VA any time soon, but if i am then i will definitely contact you.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Let me know if you come to VA and I would be happy to play you, but I refuse to play online. Also for the rest of you, I talked to Claw and he said he's been spending most of his time over at AllIsBrawl, which I simply refuse to visit, seeing as how most of their ZSS players seem to be complete idiots not well learned.
I hear that Delicious.

Every time I fight a Zamus over there they always have holes in their games like not knowing how to guard their items, or don’t know how to become offensive.

Heck sometimes I fight Zamus players who fail at even playing keep away games.

Which then I sigh, pull out my rusty Zamus and kick them in the nuts.

Anyways Unlike Delicious and Phoot I play online very vigorously so if the lag isn't bad I can analyzed your Zamus and tell you what you need to work on.

...I guess I can dust off my Zamus so it will be a fair fight.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Play me since you didn't mention me lol. I don't mind playing people online unless the connection is complete garbage. I can play tomorrow if you want.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Claw, FadedImage and staindgrey are all fairly smart players from what I've seen. Faded's guide is really well done. But other than that, most of the Zamuses over there have been a disappointment.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
I believe my connection is pretty good, so i would love to play you snakeee, and you tristan. and both of you are on the east coast so we have the same time zone which is nice. So what time do either of you want to play. Snakeee, tomorrow sounds good, i just can't play between 6:00pm and 8:00pm, other than that, unless something else comes up, i am free all day. Idealy evenings/nights are best for me though.
My brawl code is:
1418-6543-0237

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Alright snakeee i should be there.

Riddle, depending on how close it is to me then i might be able to go... and if my friend wants to go, cause then i would have a ride.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
so ya as you can see i have quite a few problems, and i know part of it is i amjsut not quick enough, and also i just don't play online much(i did not realize how diffrent it is). doesn't matter though... you got the gist of how i play though i think i generally play alittle better. or else your just that good.
so ya please shred me to pieces and tell me what i need to do to get better. also i can't seem to get the short hop thing down. i do use a wii mote and nunchuck... is that part of my problem?
thanks for your help.
i would love to play you every now and then just to see if i can improve... if that is fine with you.

Snakeee

Smash Master
so ya as you can see i have quite a few problems, and i know part of it is i amjsut not quick enough, and also i just don't play online much(i did not realize how diffrent it is). doesn't matter though... you got the gist of how i play though i think i generally play alittle better. or else your just that good.
so ya please shred me to pieces and tell me what i need to do to get better. also i can't seem to get the short hop thing down. i do use a wii mote and nunchuck... is that part of my problem?
thanks for your help.
i would love to play you every now and then just to see if i can improve... if that is fine with you.
Well, the connection was actually pretty good, but I understand if your're not so used to wifi don't get discouraged. Your basic ZSS game actually isn't that bad, you really need to stop letting yourself get gimped though. It's not just because you were edgeguarding aggressively you really just need to know her limitations better and work on your spacing. You also seem to roll a bit much, and you need to work on your approach more. I don't remember you utilizing the d-smash much either and even the forward-B. That's all I have off the top of my head.
Also, wtf at using the nunchuck and wiimote lol. You gotta use either the GC controller or the Classic.
I might play you again, but I really have too many people I play now.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Alright, thanks, i will work on those things.
I sucked at melee because i just could not use the GC and i don't have a classic controler. maybe i should invest in one.
Honestly though i normally use forward b and dsmash more but i found it hard to kep up with your pace, you play quickly and i just could not set anything decent up. maybe i am thinking to much and need to relax and go by instincts or something.
anyway thanks again, if i happen to be online when you are i will try to join, but kick me out if you don't want to play... i won't get offended.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
maybe i am thinking to much and need to relax and go by instincts or something.
Playing by instinct does have it benefits as it makes it harder for you to be read at times but in the long run it will only hurt you, especially if you use someone who has a lot of high risk moves like Zamus.

The best thing you can do is calmly think about what your opponent is most likely going to do and how he will respond if you do something. Learn the patterns of your enemies and develop ways to make those patterns into weakness. Force your opponent to stop their endless attacks and make a sort of stalemate between you two.

This is what I strive to do in any match until my opponent leaves himself open then instinct
kicks in and a combo begins. ^-^

Edit: 800 post :3

ashes

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, ok, that makes sense. in that case then i need to think and act faster, because snakeee 3 stocked me everytime and with ease( i would only get him to 120-140, and then could not finish it off, its pathetic, i know). I could stop some of his on slaught but then did not move fast enough to take advantage of it.
any way, are you interested in playing... if so when. i need all the practice and tips i can get.
I know i have the potential to play well i think i just need to speed it up. cause snakeee beat me as easily and quickly as i beat a level 3 cpu, which says something really horrible about me. cpu move slowly and so i obviously beat them easily( i am a slow tactical thinker). i have no one good, who plays quickly, therefore do not improve. so i really would like to play you as well some time.

hey and look i am a smash child now. Now people might take what i say alittle more seriously on these boards. :)

Top Bottom