• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabs

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Can we make a list of characters we know Kirby can chaingrab? I know he can chaingrab himself and Ivysaur pretty well, and Samus up to around 60%.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
It depends on fall speed.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1u57q8/database_project_m_30_database/

So to make it simple, since I tested this out.

From 0%
-Luigi
-ICs (Nana will interrupt you if shes still there)
-Kirby
-Peach
-Samus
-Zelda
-Puff
Note*cant CG mewtwo even tho hes floaty, idk why.

Characters you cant CG until kill %, only techchase
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-CF
-Ddk
-MK
-D3
-Lucas
-DK
-Roy

Everyone else in between. %s are somewhere around that number.
-R.O.B ~ 20%
-Zard, Mario, Squirtle, Ivy, GnW ~ 35%
-Ness, Wario, Bowser, Sonic, Pit, Pika, Olimar ~ 50%
-Yoshi, Ganon, Lucario, Ike ~ 65%
-Snake, Link, Sheik, TL, Marth, ZSS ~ 80%

Last edited:

JakieWinks

Smash Apprentice
I played Kirby doubles at a tourney yesterday and tried the Kirby chaingrab in friendlies, and one thing I noticed was that I could only chain grab them if I did a standing grab, when I tried to dash grab I'd miss. Is this how it's actually supposed to be or was it just me messing it up?

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I played Kirby doubles at a tourney yesterday and tried the Kirby chaingrab in friendlies, and one thing I noticed was that I could only chain grab them if I did a standing grab, when I tried to dash grab I'd miss. Is this how it's actually supposed to be or was it just me messing it up?
Jump cancel grab. Try dashing and then jump and IMMEDIATELY cancel that jump by grabbing. If done right you will neither do a running grab or a jump, but instead do what looks like a standing grab out of a dash. Then just that in the chain grab.

Edit: Also, I try not to do kirby chain grabs on kirby because it is pretty lame and I wouldn't want them to do it to me in the match.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
does kirby really have a CG on ness? idk that i've ever found myself getting regrabbed on DI away
DI ing away will eliminate half of the CG list, that list was made assuming (not that anyone would) no DI. Im pretty sure if you cant get cg from 0, DI away will just force you to tech chase. So ness is good until like 95 lol. Havent tested it, but its a ways away from 50.

Last edited:

JRad

Smash Apprentice
This thread doesn't seem to provide much clarification. Which characters can Kirby truly chaingrab, as in no matter where your opponent DIs, you will grab him again. AFAIK, I can't chaingrab anybody. Don't include tech chasing.

That being said we should be makin a list of who is easy to tech chase and how to do it. For instance against

Metaknight - Dthrow and take 1 step forward. He can now be grabbed off reaction in any direction. Jab if he misses tech.

Last edited:

JakieWinks

Smash Apprentice
AFAIK, I can't chaingrab anybody. Don't include tech chasing.
Kirby can chaingrab Kirby no matter where they DI. If they go behind you, turn around and grab. It works to a high percent (if not forever). Kirby can also, to some extent, do the same thing to jiggly and zelda.

Edit: And according to Gohan you can also do it to luigi, solo ice climber, peach, and samus. But I personally have not tested on these characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom