• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chaingrab

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually not sure how strong the Fthrow is in terms of knockback. I regularly use it in my grab game/combo game, so I'm sure it gets weakened through repeated use. I do recall throwing people off the screen with Bthrow, but never with Fthrow. Maybe Fthrow can, but I just don't save it. I'd go test this now, but I do not have access to my Wii.

In any case, I think most people use the Fthrow for chaingrabbing purposes, and dash attack comboing afterwards sometimes... Dthrow-> Uair combo, but not so much Back-throw. Its just what I've reserved that move for, I suppose. Though if someone can tell me about good set-ups/combos with the Back Throw, I'd be glad to try it too.
I've killed metaknights at 130% with the Fthrow. Might be lower, i'm not too sure. And this was from the edge of final D.

BTW, what is ART? Anyone care to explain? X_X

kupo15

Smash Hero
I want to bring this back and say that DK can get chain grabbed from 0-40 (4 times) and Bowser from 0-30 (3 times) without escape. This is true and here is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8lyiJOovU

The last one you can kick em a bit to get the damage higher since DI is now available and your opponent touches the ground. They CAN spotdodge but it is unlikely because of the landing lag if you are perfect. I still use CG to anyone as apart of my strategy and its up to you if you want to also.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Looks like your right its only 30 and 40 so it would be hard to get it started, but I do like the idea of 30-40 free damage does it work on ddd as he is fat too or is it just them?

kupo15

Smash Hero
i couldn't get it as good as DK with DDD. You have to run to catch up and hope they time it wrong. But I think if you grab sooner than expected, its very possible to do. I always try and see what happens, at least 2 times

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
someone might've already said this but it gets almost impossible to do once the person gets to 40% so once they hit thirty try d throw, nair
it works beautifly

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Works better on heavy chars, excluding Ike with his annoying AAA, though i got them 3 F-throws against stupid Ikes. I did manage to get about 4 or 5 F-throws to DK, but it really is common for 2 Fthrows, then 1 D-throw to U-air is the common combo. Depending on what character your opponent is, you can add one or have to decrease how many Fthrows you use. I really hate ROB, Kirby, Pika, and Jiggs (not the only chars) since a smart player can escape after the first Fthrow.

Top Bottom