• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab Question

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I was just wondering a few things. First of all, can someone help me with what to follow up when I chaingrab spacies? I can CG alright, but I just can't always get a kill off of it.

Next, this may be dumb, but whatever. Can Marth, in a ditto, chaingrab the other Marth at all? Like, I was just testing it out, and is it possible to get a some % by Fthrow>Dash>Regrab>Fthrow etc? Or are there other chaingrabs in a Marth ditto?

Thanks!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Beat has a flowchart for the spacies chainthrow somewhere around here. And you can't even get a pivot fsmash out of fthrow on marth at 0% if he DIs correctly. There's no chaingrab on Marth.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Technically, there is no guaranteed fthrow chaingrab on Marth and it can be escaped with good DI. However, you should still go for fthrows in the ditto; particularly when near the ledge

swanized

Smash Cadet
Chaingrabs in marth ditto are not legit.

This chaingrab is not optimal but usually works kinda well and is easy:

0-20 regrab
20-33 pivot regrab
34- roughly 45 uptilt--->regrab (might have to straight up regrab is they fully DI away)
after that upair---> Fsmash

optimal chaingrab by Beat! can be found in the ask Dr Peepee thread

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Copy and pasted this from Beats thread

Upthrow CG flowchart against Fox
Read these notes before reading the flowchart:
- All damage numbers in this guide, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are PRE-THROW percentages.
- This flowchart assumes that you have room to work with. If your opponent starts DIing towards an edge you need to be prepared to cut the combo short with a tipper or dair.
- Every follow-up in every step is reactable. There's no need to guess or read which way they'll DI.
- Pummels aren't mandatory, but they make it easier to execute the following move and the extra damage they tack on means the finishing tipper will be stronger.

1. 0 - 16%: Regular regrabs

2. 17 - 32%:
2a. No DI or slight behind DI: Pivot regrabs.
2b. Any other DI: Regular regrabs.

3.0. 33%:
3.0a. No DI: Turnaround uptilt -> regrab
3.0b. Slight behind DI: Uptilt -> regrab
3.0c. Any other DI: Regular regrab -> pummel

3.1. 34% (the reason it's different from 33% is that uptilt starts becoming unreliable against no DI because of its weird "not-upwards" hitboxes. If you actually get the correct hitbox, it'll still connect into a regrab, so if you feel confident that you can get it every time then just follow the chart for 33%):
3.1a. No DI: Rising SHFFL uair --> regrab
3.1b. Slight behind DI: Uptilt --> regrab
3.1c. Any other DI: Regular regrab

3.2. 35 - ~59%:
4a. No DI or slight behind DI: SHFFL uair -> regrab
4b. Any other DI: Regular regrab

5.0. ~60 - ~65%: Pummel at least once before throwing -> delayed SHFFL uair -> regrab (they should now have at least 80%, but less than 90%)

5.1. ~69 - ~75%: Pummel at least once before throwing -> delayed SHFFL uair -> tipper (post-tipper damage should be around 105%)

6.0. ~80 - ~84%: Pummel once or twice before throwing -> delayed SHFFL uair -> tipper (post-tipper damage should be around 110%)

6.1. ~85 - ~87%: Delayed SHFFL uair -> tipper (post-tipper damage should be around 115%)

7. 90+%: Either upthrow -> tipper or upthrow -> weak uair -> tipper

Top Bottom